Best Burnout Tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
OK, I've read lots of posts about the best handling tires, the longest lived tires & the best hooking up tires on a race track. Here's my question - what's the best tire for smokin' ass burnouts in an urban evironment ? I'm looking for something slippery & cheap, not necessarily safe at high speeds - nothing over 70 mph - just local smoke shows & hang outs. I had Cheng-Shings on my last bike & although they were cheap they were pretty sticky as well. Just wondering everyones opinion on a cheap throw-away tire for a weekend smoke-fest. I think Dunlop Qualifier white-letters look cool as hell, but they're not cheap. My current Bridgestone Excedra lights up quite well, but it's nearing the end of its life & I want to spoon on something fun for the Palm Harbor bike-fest next month. I've heard Kenda & IRC mentioned as smoke-contenders. Any opinions from the VMF Hot-shoes ?

That would be the Goodyear 185/65/15 car tire sole for 62.00 a piece at your tire auto shop! Back in the day when I couldnt get a street tire to hook and they protested me on my M&H slick during tue night bracket races I began to think...
It had to be a DOT tire (this was before I learned about Shinko) So I went to the auto tire store and started looking at 15 in tires that were skinny enough to fit in my swing arm.. Wooo Lahhh 185/65/15 was my ticket I bought it and had it mounted on my (MODIFIED VMAX 15 Wheel)

What a bananna peel!! I could spin that tire through all 3 gears leaving over 300 ft of black.. AT 55 on the highway I could dump the clutch and smoke the tire!! It was an awesome show for smoke it also squeled when you spun it which was wild as hell..
WARNING; ITS A CAR TIRE ITS A Radial.. IT DOESNT HANDLE and the will flex and basketball hop on you. IT WILL HURT YOU IF YOU TRY AND OUT RIDE IT!!
BUT it will smoke the its on fire and spin like your on oil!! If you are entering a burnout contest this is the way to go! IT has deep tread so you can sit forever and billow clouds of tire smoke with it.

Not only that but it won't seat into the bead properly. The car tire has a "J" bead design (not referring to the shape at all - just a code given to them). Bascially the car's beads are thicker and sit on top of the bead locks (ribs) in the seating surface of the wheel. The motorcycle tires have much narrower beads and if anything would seat up better on a car wheel but I would still not recommend it.

You can however get a car tire to seat somewhat OK by maching off the bead locks but then you take a risk of the tire unseating especially in low PSI situations.

I believe the tire that has lasted the longest for my extreme burnouts has been the michelin macadam. Go to youtube and search for user one2dmax (same as my ID on here). You'll find a few extreme burnouts (and some drag racing and other misc). Look for the "baddest vmax burnout". You'll see some flashes where I set my air shifter timing too long to make a nice flame shot out the muffler. I am in fifth gear for most of the burnout with the tire turning around 150mph or so (10K rpm). Then you can see the header glowing when I shut it down. When I go to restart the bike you'll hear my onboard air compressor running as I get it shifted back down into nuetral.

I did blow out that tire too. I have done this a few times on request at some of the bigger events. There may be a few on here who have seen it in person. I don't think anyone has had a chance to top that yet.

Sean Morley

Nope I cant say I have turned my headers cherry red from any 5th gear top RPM burnouts. Congrats, I think with this u will stayed topped. I will let you and the Harley riders sit and roast a tire with your front brake locked down.

Latest posts

Back