Best color for V Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VS Bullet

Reaction score
I'm considering painting the V Max. Its 1988 red, and probably a little faded out. It reminds me of the Ford red of the 1980's and how it faded out to a burnt red color.

Is the original red color a burnt red shade of red?

I don't want to paint it black, because my sport bike is completely blacked out, and thats enough of that. Yellow is starting to wear on me. I like red, but a brighter red than whats on it. Possibly even Candy Apple Red.

Am I wrong to go with a custom color?
Will that hurt its value?(not even sure why I would be concerned with value anyway). The V Max seems like the Hot Rod of motorcycles to me, and is begging to be customized.

So whats your opinion on the best color?

Look at the red sets we just got done with. We also have a new set of reds we haven't tried yet. Pics are in the paint folder in our Morleys Muscle facebook pages.

Sean

Try Photo Shopping different colors.. Starting with your favorite....:biglaugh:

Good Luck,
Dave

Look at the bikes in the Gallery and see which ones you like best. Gives you a starting point. I picked mine from a color chip and it was not exactly what I wanted but looks OK. Came out with more copper color than I envisioned. If you pick from a color chip, try to get a large one. I have always liked bright, fine grained, metallic colors but not designs like flames, ghost patterns, etc.

try to youtube your color.
open youtube write candy red paint and you see many video and companies.
you can see and other candy paints and flakes paints as well. it is good because you can actually see the paint on a vehicle. it would make you decide more easily. thats what i do when i want to paint my bike

try to youtube your color.
open youtube write candy red paint and you see many video and companies.
you can see and other candy paints and flakes paints as well. it is good because you can actually see the paint on a vehicle. it would make you decide more easily. thats what i do when i want to paint my bike

Try it on a couple different monitors, colors tend to vary from screen to screen.

The most important opinion is your own.

That being said, I've seen a few white ones and thought the V-Max carries it well.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of white. I have seen some Harley's in white that I really liked.

Its unanimous that I should pick whatever color I like best, so thats what I shall do. I will update this thread on my decision.

Thanks!

I didn't particularly like white on them. Pic attached of white with flames (taken in 2003 I think). Note the custom ram air flappers on the scoops.

Sean

Attachments

• nutsch vs mcanulla.jpg
    nutsch vs mcanulla.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 30
Here is my bike painted Pearl White (85 model)...

Attachments

• 85 VMAX WITH COPs 002.jpg
    85 VMAX WITH COPs 002.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 85 VMAX WITH COPs 003.jpg
    85 VMAX WITH COPs 003.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 85 VMAX WITH COPs 010.jpg
    85 VMAX WITH COPs 010.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 20
Back