Billet aluminum stuff for the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lew L

Reaction score
These are the billet alum. items I've made for my Max. Any body interested??
I think I'm going to try the exhaust end cap also.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Lewl, especially the bar ends. How much to they weigh?

Also, put up some prices, you might get some more interest.

Calimus said:
Looks good Lewl, especially the bar ends. How much to they weigh?

Also, put up some prices, you might get some more interest.

Hi Cal,
I dont know how much the bar ends weigh, a lot more that the plastic POS that Mr Yamaha put at the end of our bars.

I've got 2 brake struts at $60( including shipping). I'll spin up some bar ends----- you can buy these in the back of any motorag but none will be the 1 3/8 " dia of the ones I make. I'll work on a price.

Lew

Very cool. I should have some extra mad money her ein a bit. Trying to finish some orders on one of my car projects and then I'll have some free'd up cash. Definitly let me know about the bar ends. The current grips I have have the worst plastic ends on them I've ever seen and one of them is trying it's damndest to fall off.

I'm spinning up 2 pair of bar ends now. Having a bit of trouble getting together the hardware( stainless steel allen head bolts of the proper length) and the rubber for the attaching system but I'll have it together in a few days. The size is a bit smaller also( 1.125" dia)

$25 + $5 shipping

I have to order material for the grill scoops so they are a few days out. I can't do too radical of a design as the only brain on my mills is mine. Be a bit more specific about your "V" design ( one "V"--- multiple "V's"---- holes in a "V" shape???? I'll see what I can do. You might be just as happy with what is comercially available out there as I can't make these any cheaper( I can't beat any bodies price, honestly)

Lew

Lew, looks like you'll have to ask your better half for an increase in allowance and buy yourself a CNC mill with auto tool loader. That hand cranking and doing only a few parts at a time isn't worth it unless you make it for yourself.

Who said this in another thread?????

"Bridgeport is fine for that purpose. Once you make a setup, you can knock them out pretty fast. I was only joking on the plating and or polishing, that's something the buyer can do to his liking."

Lew L said:
Who said this in another thread?????

"Bridgeport is fine for that purpose. Once you make a setup, you can knock them out pretty fast. I was only joking on the plating and or polishing, that's something the buyer can do to his liking."

Don't know the guy.:confused2: Doubt if he ever ran a Bridgeport.

Lew L said:
I'm spinning up 2 pair of bar ends now. Having a bit of trouble getting together the hardware( stainless steel allen head bolts of the proper length) and the rubber for the attaching system but I'll have it together in a few days. The size is a bit smaller also( 1.125" dia)

$25 + $5 shipping

I have to order material for the grill scoops so they are a few days out. I can't do too radical of a design as the only brain on my mills is mine. Be a bit more specific about your "V" design ( one "V"--- multiple "V's"---- holes in a "V" shape???? I'll see what I can do. You might be just as happy with what is comercially available out there as I can't make these any cheaper( I can't beat any bodies price, honestly)

Lew
a V cut through..... or the price on the ones pictured.

How 'bout you remove one of the stock scoop grills, trace the outline and draw exactly the size and shape you want. The "V" must have straight legs I can't do scrolls or curves. Scan or mail it to me and i'll get back to you with a price on what you really want.
I think $60 is a good price for the pictured one's ( but unpolished).
Lew

P.S. Foot peg lowering brackets are comming along-- first prototype moved the peg out to far.

Have fit a set of the new bar ends and like them. So now there are two items yu could get if you so desire:

Billet bar ends $25USD + $5 shipping

And

Billet brake struts at $60 + $5 Shiping

Struts are made from 6061-T6 and the bar ends are a 23XX series Alum.

Lew

Ps: I'll blank out a set of scoop grill and wait for design requests.:eusa_dance:

Actually Lew, the answer should have been the dollar ammount of a CNC, lol.

So after all this chit-chat--------------are any of you guys interested???

I'm not building a hugh inventory or chaining myself to the mill. I'll make this stuff if there is interest but so far it's just talk.
Lew

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back