Blinkers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkw0417

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried any of these blinkers. I am not specifically looking for LED, but I do like the housing shape on these.
I am looking at just the regular bullet shapped ones, or the tapered.
My main worry is for the front Blinkers. To me it seems they will be moved in so close the Headlight they will not be visible cause I am thinking I will use the stock location. Any opinions or infomation would be appriciated.

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HS&Category_Code=Black

I know I will need to make adjustments with load balancers or resistors if I go with LED. If anyone has a good source for those let me know.

Those are pretty wild looking! Let us know if you pick some up.

Only part I haven't figured yet is the front set. I run a yamaha fly screen and there is no way they are gonna fit up front without some kind of spacer to move them out a few inches.

That might be possible. I thought of it earlier but am not will to take one apart just yet. I like them but I am not sure I want to drop 120+ on blinkers that I am not sure I can install without modifying.

That might be possible. I thought of it earlier but am not will to take one apart just yet. I like them but I am not sure I want to drop 120+ on blinkers that I am not sure I can install without modifying.

I have seen those signals before and thought they were nice but a little too much $ for me. Then I came across these in ebay. They look similar but are really cheap. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Sometimes you get a really good deal. Hard to say on this one since I haven't bought them but if anyone does i'm interested in their opinion on them.

http://stores.ebay.com/bestbluehead...0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ568948017QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I have been searching ebay and hadn't seen those. The stock pics they provide are the exact same ones. I am willing to chance the $40 bucks to get 4 much faster then $120 or more for four.

I have been searching ebay and hadn't seen those. The stock pics they provide are the exact same ones. I am willing to chance the $40 bucks to get 4 much faster then $120 or more for four.

If you get them post up some pics and let us know what you think. My main concern is if they will be bright enough to be visible during the day.

I am gonna get a set(trying to see if I can get combined shipping for ordering 2 sets of 2), and then flat black them. Also going to mount the front ones on some kind of bracket or post to make them stand out alittle to clear the fly screen edges. Will post pics once I have all this stuff done. In the mean time I need to find a place to buy a couple of diodes to keep from having all the lights flash at once after adding LEDs. Should be easy to find, just haven't even started looking yet.

They are on the way. $50 for all four blinkers shipped seems like a good deal to me. Will keep yall informed on how they turn out.

You could easily make spacers for something that small and light out of aluminum stock. Tap the ends and polish em up, presto.

...and take your flyscreen off anyway. They look silly. It's a drag bike not a Geezer Glide.

You could easily make spacers for something that small and light out of aluminum stock. Tap the ends and polish em up, presto.

...and take your flyscreen off anyway. They look silly. It's a drag bike not a Geezer Glide.

Geezer my ass!
Some people who only ride their Max for a 1/4 mile at a time may not need a flyscreen. But Some us ride our Maxes for 200-300 miles at a pop. And that flyscreen makes a world of difference than having 80mph winds pounding your chest the whole time.

+1. Wouldn't drive 500+ miles w/o a flyscreen. Keeps more rain and bugs off too.

+2 on the flyscreen! I will tell you right now, I am a big fat guy, and with all my leather on, I might as well be a parachute on it without a screen of some sort!

Got the blinkers today. So far I am not completely happy with them. The housing of the blinker is great but the LEDs are mounted in them very sloppy. If I can get them apart without breaking them I am gonna remount the lights inside the bases.

That blows. The pics looked just like the ones you had in mind originally. Wonder if the expensive ones would have the same problems? What did they do, just silicone the LED's in place in the billet housing?

I still plan on using these blinkers although I will probably end up taking them completely apart and redoing them to make them look neater. In the mean time here is the first mock up I have come up with. I am not sure if I am gonna round off the coupler or not but I kinda like it the way it is.
So what do you think so far guys? I am gonna paint them flat black.

Attachments

• blinkerrough.jpg
    blinkerrough.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 70
Looks good in the photo with the all thread coupling. If it were me, I would have to have a round extension on and put it side by side with the hex and make my decision that way.

Latest posts

Back