Blinkers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you're done they'll look awesome- it's difficult to work out the size comparison, maybe you could post a pic once they're fitted? :clapping:

I will defiantly post pics once done but that might not be anytime soon. I found a virus that effectively kills the Mod Monkey, it is called Unemployment. Even though it is a cheap project, I am just not motivated to work on it lately so it is sitting, but pics will appear when it is done.

As far as the blinkers being overpriced as someone else mentioned. I found a dealer with them on ebay and got 2 sets delivered for $50 total instead of 59 each set.

Okay so I finally gave up on the orginal idea just because it was too time consuming to make each one and get them right. Don't have the tools to do it easly or the skills to do it with the tools I have. So I went ahead and just used washers to space them out far enough to mount up. Not as cool looking but functional.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
There is a "smart blink" control module for sale on that page.

Is that what we'd need to keep the day time running lights and have functioning LED blinkers?

I actually got those from someone on ebay, they must be a dealer but they were much cheaper. They are already 3 wire ready to go for running light setup. All I did was put diodes behind the indicator light to prevent bleed over and they worked fine.

Okay so I finally gave up on the orginal idea just because it was too time consuming to make each one and get them right. Don't have the tools to do it easly or the skills to do it with the tools I have. So I went ahead and just used washers to space them out far enough to mount up. Not as cool looking but functional.

DKW-I used these to relocate my signals, the 43mm forks needed slightly longer allen bolts which Memphis Shades sent right out to me. They are easy mounting and look good too.

http://www.mondakmotorsports.com/es...roduct_735393.MEMPHIS_SHADES174_TURN_SIGN.htm

DKW, are the new blinkers bright enough to be seen during the day time?

Mike- I believe these are the same ones Cop Runner has...they are VERY bright, even in the day time.

All I did was put diodes behind the indicator light to prevent bleed over and they worked fine.

I tried that with my Kuryakyn LED blinkers, using their diode kit, and it was still a no go...still bled over. For the moment, I just have the front running lights unplugged untill I can sit down and figure it out.

Mike- I believe these are the same ones Cop Runner has...they are VERY bright, even in the day time.

They look the same but Tim's are "name brand" from Harrison and cost around $70. DKW's are from fleabay and cost around $45. I posted up the link long ago as I was thinking about buying them off of fleabay myself. I was worried about the visibility factor though. Being sooo small, they better be damn bright if you want to be seen instead of wrecked into or cut off.

Mine are from fleabay, but they are exactly the same product, even used the same stock photos for the sale. The ebay seller was probably signed up with harrison as a reseller. And yes they are very bright, even with the fronts mounted soclose to the headlight.

I am not sure why the diode thing didn't work for you. What size diodes did you use. I believe the ones I used are only 1amp or so. The only other way I can see the bleed over happening with the diodes is if the dual intensity diode is allowing it internally, but that shouldn't happen.

I am not sure why the diode thing didn't work for you. What size diodes did you use. I believe the ones I used are only 1amp or so. The only other way I can see the bleed over happening with the diodes is if the dual intensity diode is allowing it internally, but that shouldn't happen.

No idea what size the are, but this is what I used...made sense to me, being they were Kuryakyn blinkers...

Well I would have guessed that was a good route to go. Don't know why it didn't work for you, I got the idea from someone else on this forum and it worked for me. I got 1A diodes from radio shack for like $1. Pull the indicator bulb and if that doesn't stop the bleed over then it is somewhere else.

Ok I've got LED turn signals hooked up. When I hooked up the back it was fine, they just flashed quickly. When I hooked up the front nothing. All the signals are on slightly dull, HELP!!!! What have I done. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks,

Ron

Back