Blown Master Fuse

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdjim

Reaction score
My Vmax lost all electrical power while driving, I pulled the master fuse and it was blown, as soon as I put in a new 30 it blew
even without the key on I believe! Any ideas... regulator, stator.... some other item?

I know it could be a bad wire but it has only lost the battery
a couple of times since Feb 2011 very intermittant, once charged it would be okay for weeks.

I am not sure how to check the regulator out with an ohm meter?

You've got a short somewhere..PITA but I would disconnect everything then reconnect one by one while checking with meter for reading

Thanks, I got into it yesterday and found the regulator had melted and spewed out some smelly stuff on the side cover. the Stator connector has a jiggley and frayed wire on it so I wonder if that has something to do with the regulator laying over on me... this is on a 1988 Max but the stator was replaced recently with one off a venture.

Fix any questionable wires, heat shrink tubing can be used. . Check connectors for corrosion. Soldering all the wires with a good regulator in place can help immensely. Also soldering power and ground connections from the battery at or eliminating connectors can also help a great deal. I did every connection possible on my 89 and it helped all the way around.

Yep, the Captain is a little cheaper then me. I've got one coming in as well and it would only take you 10 minutes to drive out and pick it up.

Sean

Latest posts

Back