Bolt Kit.. and removing center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love redheads..she is smokin sexy!!
Great idea with the washers in the spring.. I was thinking that as you said if the ride was far too firm that you'd end up bouncing around the corners..
Thanks y'all for these great ideas..

If you're a gearhead, and have done your own brakes for years, then you probably have one of those multi-tools for brake work on drum brakes. The longer handle on the brake shoe spring removal tool usually has a long groove cut into it, to use the re-install the brake shoe springs. You can use the same tool for the centerstand spring probably, if you can access the attachment point. I haven't crawled under my bike to do it, but since you mentioned a long screwdriver, this elderly tool will serve another use when pulled from the bottom of your toolbox. It's probably safer than a long screwdriver for the job. Always wear eye protection when working.

images

I've never had a issue just using a long screwdriver to slip the spring down the screwdriver shaft and onto the stand. Takes just a few seconds.
I haven't used my centerstand for other than servicing since shortly after I bought my aftermarket exhaust, just didn't look right imo.

QUOTE Karmakatt:
"Update-
Didn't realize I could have used a screwdriver all this time to adjust my Stock Springs.. They turned no problem and I tried 4 off the bat. They actually were set at 3 and I found that I dreaded even small bumps. The ride is stiffer now and I can see how that may negatively effect corners and the general sensitive feeling especially at high speed but now it doesn't feel like my Max is being ridden over craters..
Now I can only imagine what PS 440's would feel like.. "
The PS 440's will be much better in every way over the stockers. They should give a firm and compliant that will keep your rear tire in better control, help you in the corners by not being too soft with better dampening and infinite control (adjustment) over the spring rate. I'm not sure how a firmer ride is going to negatively effect cornering though, unless it's too firm. Too soft would decrease ground clearance and possibly upset the chassis balance.

Red-
Change your avatar or..I'm not even gonna bother reading anything on the page that you've posted as long as you keep that red heads legs open.. Man..I need another beer.. Lol!!

If you're a gearhead, and have done your own brakes for years, then you probably have one of those multi-tools for brake work on drum brakes. The longer handle on the brake shoe spring removal tool usually has a long groove cut into it, to use the re-install the brake shoe springs. You can use the same tool for the centerstand spring probably, if you can access the attachment point. I haven't crawled under my bike to do it, but since you mentioned a long screwdriver, this elderly tool will serve another use when pulled from the bottom of your toolbox. It's probably safer than a long screwdriver for the job. Always wear eye protection when working.

images

I remember those, don't think I have one any longer.
I seem to remember when I used one of those looking upon it as a medieval instrument of torture ready to inflict injury on the user if wielded improperly. Kinda like nun-chucks for a mechanic.

I don't miss drum brakes one bit.

I seem to remember when I used one of those looking upon it as a medieval instrument of torture ready to inflict injury on the user if wielded improperly. Kinda like nun-chucks for a mechanic.

I still have one of these in my box & still use it from time to time.

Latest posts

Back