brake upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe hayabusa is only for pre 93 bikes man.. fzr 1000 yzf 750 6 pots bolt right on post 93 bikes.. I got fzr ones and love them. Sean said he's coming out with a post 93 set up that is just insane. There's yzf750 6 pots on ebay 99.99 a piece right now. I got lucky picked both of mine up for 105!!!

Not tried Hayabussa calipers so can't comment.

R1's with OE the M/C is a marginal improvement and a cr*p lever feel - very wooden.
Change to a 13 mm M/C and you get better braking and a good lever.
Note that the R1 banjo mounting position is 90 degrees to that of the Max and you will need to twist an OE hose to fit.
Recommend that you also budget for new hoses.

Are you related to my favorite Ovaltine-sponsored action character, "Captain Midnight?"

"On a mountaintop, high above a large city, stands the headquarters of a man devoted to the cause of freedom and justice... a war hero who has never stopped fighting against his country's enemies... a private citizen who is dedicating his life to the struggle against evil men everywhere... CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT!"
http://archive.org/details/CaptainMidnight1955

Good suggestion to make the R1 calipers work well by going to the 13 mm bore.

Are you related to my favorite Ovaltine-sponsored action character, "Captain Midnight?"

"On a mountaintop, high above a large city, stands the headquarters of a man devoted to the cause of freedom and justice... a war hero who has never stopped fighting against his country's enemies... a private citizen who is dedicating his life to the struggle against evil men everywhere... CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT!"
http://archive.org/details/CaptainMidnight1955

Good suggestion to make the R1 calipers work well by going to the 13 mm bore.

My motto is spookily similar:

"In a small shed, in a suburb of a not very big city, stands the headquarters of a man devoted to the cause of helping other V Maxxers... a hero who has never stopped offering advice, some of it occasionally correct... a private citizen who is dedicating his life to the struggle of continuing the legend of the V Max... by day he is an anonymous person but by night he becomes.........MAX MIDNIGHT!"

I don't know what year Ya bike is but I got a 85 w buss brakes all around. I just can't remember if I used a right front or left for the rear brakes with the factory master cylinder that came with the bike. Either way, tremendous improvement over stock and the rotors ran me less than $ 225 fOr 3. Believe I got all the calipers for $145 with shipping and I went ahead and added braided lines while I was at it. Total cost around $380 w the brake fluid ( that doesn't include the cost of the adapters I got from Sean) Extremely satisfied withe results. Gotta say thanks to Sean for the help though. I believe I posted pics here in this section of the completed job.

I do pre 93 adaptors they work perfect with the stock master. You need 93 & up rotors & the hayabusa calipers. Prior to any ones beliefs I used my bike & my machinest measurments to make there they were not copied. They are $ 45 shipped.

LOL, you may not have used one of my adapters to get the specific dimensions but it's not like much is different between them. I see a few added holes to make sure it wasn't a direct copy. So, whatever you want to believe that makes you feel better about it.

Sean

Latest posts

Back