Buffalo Wings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know you could do that! A train had just finished crossing the bridge. We got one blurry photo of the last car on the train as it crossed.

At that time of the day we decided to make the run for the Falls. We drove under that train bridge out to Pottageville and after a few gps hiccups we had a nice scenic run to Niagara. Would have been nice to spend several hours or days exploring the park but we had only planned a 1-nighter so we made a run for the border (and some real tacos!!). At one point we saw quite a wind farm. Never saw such a cluster of HUGE windmills in my life!

Looking forward to the next visit for sure!

Blaine

yeah, you can go on it, not supposed to, but no cop, no crime. They would have to sit there all day to keep people off, you can walk to the other side and if you have a really big set, go down into the gorge from there onto the old trestle support, i don't have a big enough set, but have seen others do it.

Good to know about walking across the bridge but chances are good if you won't climb down, I won't either!!!

Blaine

If anybody ever needs a tour guide in the St. lawrence seaway area.....

Alexandria Bay north to Massena....

Let me know.....:punk:

Glad to know! I crossed the border at Alexandria Bay before and took a scenic route (I think it was US Route 2) that got me started East on my way to Nova Scotia. And my old neighbour, originally from Kingston, married a girl from Massena. Small world.

Do you like to ride through the Adirondacks? What other nice routes would you recommend? I will be sure to let you know when I'm planning a trip out there, thanks!

Blaine

If anybody ever needs a tour guide in the St. lawrence seaway area.....

Alexandria Bay north to Massena....

Let me know.....:punk:

My wife's parents have a Place on Hickory Lake up that way, Great area for sure...You could plan some decent rides for sure..

Glad to know! I crossed the border at Alexandria Bay before and took a scenic route (I think it was US Route 2) that got me started East on my way to Nova Scotia. And my old neighbour, originally from Kingston, married a girl from Massena. Small world.

Do you like to ride through the Adirondacks? What other nice routes would you recommend? I will be sure to let you know when I'm planning a trip out there, thanks!

Blaine

To be completely honest the best thing to do around here is just ride......

Get away from the town and go......we have lots of rivers big and small...mountains.....waterfalls.....glorious fall colors.....huge ships and windmills...

The GM plant I used to work at closed down.....I could have transferred.....one of my buddies has to be in Michigan on Monday......

I took a job with the county at less than half the pay because I refuse to leave...

Some of the best hunting, fishing, kayaking, boating, snowmobiling, mountain climbing, hiking, leaf peeping, and just general sightseeing is a day trip or less....often WAY less....from my front door.....

I believe it truly is heaven on earth.......

As long as you don't need money:confused2:

The thing to remember about this area......St. Lawrence County especially.....

There are NO major highways.....nothing higher than a 55mph speed limit....

Every road will take you through, past or to something neat to look at....

Unfortunately I suck with a camera.....this fall I will try to get some shots....

I sound like the fuckin' chamber of commerce.....:bang head:

The other side of the river...Canada.....is just as sweet.....

Montreal is 2 hours east....Ottawa is 2 hours west....Cornwall right across the bridge...

The smaller roads away from the Trans Canada Highway through this area are spectacular.....

The best time to ride is coming soon......cool fall air and the sights and smells of autumn.....

I can hardly wait......hope it stops raining every day tho:damn angry:

I'm sold...you should write travel brochures!

Blaine

Yeah sorry....got a little carried away:confused2:

A lot of folks HATE it here.....nothing to do....no shopping...blah....blah....

There's also a LOT less traffic, people and pollution....

Sounds a lot like Cape Breton, Nova Scotia where i grew up...lots of scenery, beaches, twisty roads, nice people. No malls, starbucks, traffic jams. I'm getting homesick!

Blaine

To be completely honest the best thing to do around here is just ride......

Get away from the town and go......we have lots of rivers big and small...mountains.....waterfalls.....glorious fall colors.....huge ships and windmills...

The GM plant I used to work at closed down.....I could have transferred.....one of my buddies has to be in Michigan on Monday......

I took a job with the county at less than half the pay because I refuse to leave...

Some of the best hunting, fishing, kayaking, boating, snowmobiling, mountain climbing, hiking, leaf peeping, and just general sightseeing is a day trip or less....often WAY less....from my front door.....

I believe it truly is heaven on earth.......

As long as you don't need money:confused2:
You made the right choice staying where you are at, in Michigan where all the GM plants are located is not like that at all. Drive 3 hours north and you can find some of those places, still a few people though. If you live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (5 hours north of Detroit) you'll find all of what you described here too. There is no real industry here (maybe a few iron ore mines on the west end of the U.P.) and this down turn in the economy hasn't really hurt us, it may have actually helped with tourism. Our economy is mostly depressed so these fluctuations in the market usually have little effect. The natural beauty of the area is it's real draw.

The thing to remember about this area......St. Lawrence County especially.....

There are NO major highways.....nothing higher than a 55mph speed limit....

Every road will take you through, past or to something neat to look at....

Unfortunately I suck with a camera.....this fall I will try to get some shots....

I sound like the fuckin' chamber of commerce.....:bang head:

The other side of the river...Canada.....is just as sweet.....

Montreal is 2 hours east....Ottawa is 2 hours west....Cornwall right across the bridge...

The smaller roads away from the Trans Canada Highway through this area are spectacular.....

The best time to ride is coming soon......cool fall air and the sights and smells of autumn.....

I can hardly wait......hope it stops raining every day tho:damn angry:

i spent 4 years up there. i agree with all accounts!

i think in the next few years i'd like to move back to the Central NY region. boston is just too much fucking people. in CNY, all of that is only an hour away in the adirondacks....

the difference too, in riding, all roads in NY are 55 unless otherwise marked (which is fine for some of them!)

in MA. its 35. who cares if its a backroad, u pass a cop doing 50, ur doing 15 over.

Hi,
I only hope it turns out better than the time we tried Kentucky Fried Chicken in Harland, Ky!

Haha! Kentucky Fried Chicken started in Salt Lake City, Utah. So don't feel too bad about Harland's chicken not living up to par!

Let me know if your in the area, and I'll take you down to the WORLDS first Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Haha! Kentucky Fried Chicken started in Salt Lake City, Utah. So don't feel too bad about Harland's chicken not living up to par!

Let me know if your in the area, and I'll take you down to the WORLDS first Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Salt Lake City? I've been misled! It'd be great to hook up in Utah for a visit to the very first KFC tho. Been thinking about visiting Chicago for pizza too! Maybe I'll pitch the idea to FoodTV where I motorcycle all over the place and eat at famous biker locations?? LOL! :clapping:

Blaine

Salt Lake City? I've been misled! It'd be great to hook up in Utah for a visit to the very first KFC tho. Been thinking about visiting Chicago for pizza too! Maybe I'll pitch the idea to FoodTV where I motorcycle all over the place and eat at famous biker locations?? LOL! :clapping:

Blaine

You need to visit NYC for pizza as well......:punk:

KFC....... Salt Lake City???????

WHA????:ummm:

You need to visit NYC for pizza as well......:punk:

KFC....... Salt Lake City???????

WHA????:ummm:

NYC is a lot closer to me than Utah so I may be able to swing this trip with the few vacation days i have left. Gonna need a guide to go to a city THAT big! You game, kaboom?

Blaine

NYC is a lot closer to me than Utah so I may be able to swing this trip with the few vacation days i have left. Gonna need a guide to go to a city THAT big! You game, kaboom?

Blaine

Uhhhhhhh........

I don't know ANYTHING about NYC as far as getting from point A to point B......

I would only get more lost:confused2:

I was there once about 10 years ago......down.....overnight......back.......

I was just along to keep the driver awake.....:eusa_dance:

It is a full day.....or night......trip from here.....

Uhhhhhhh........

I don't know ANYTHING about NYC as far as getting from point A to point B......

I would only get more lost:confused2:

I was there once about 10 years ago......down.....overnight......back.......

I was just along to keep the driver awake.....:eusa_dance:

It is a full day.....or night......trip from here.....

Maybe you can recommend a good NYC-style pizza take-out joint closer to your place!

Hate urban riding anyhow!:damn angry: Country roads GOOD!:biglaugh:

Blaine

Back