Busa rear brake and brake line questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayoublaster

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct brake line lenght for the rear brake line if you are mounting Busa brake on the rear? The stock one I ordered (braided) looks to be at least 4" short. Ok, second question. Has anyone here mounted a Busa brake on the rear yet? I thought I read a thread somewheres on here where someone did it, but I can't find it again. I found the sweet spot where it has to be mounted to work correctly, but the adapter I have would require a lot of modifying. I'm sure I can get the modifications on the adapter done, just not sure how many tries it might take me so I'm looking for a little guidance to speed the process along that's all.

Thanks again.

Front brakes work great!!! Thanks again Sean for all the help too.

I mounted 2 of them... LOL but front ones... For the brake lines i usually get a little bit of fuel line and lay it along the way, then get a measuring tape and check the length of the fuel line... Anything will do as ling as you can route it along the brake line intended path...

I was thinking along the same lines. Appreciate the info. Now I just have to find a place that will sell to lenght instaed of by bike model.

We can sell you any length and can't remember the length we used before. Might be able to get it figured out. That same customer has a supercharged Honda? trike on here too.

Sean

Hey Blaster go with Sean. He won't let you down... Just give him the measures and type (angle) of banjo and he'll manage to set you up

Oh there wasn't any doubt he (Sean) was gonna be the first call I make as he has helped me out just recently. I just have to get the measurement that's all. Gonna take care of that in the morning. Thanks again guys!

By the way, anybody know anyone who has mounted a Busa brake on the rear? Just wondering before I start grinding away on the adapter Sean sent me, if there is any rhyme or reason to the grinding process. Like I said before, I found the sweet spot where the caliper has to be mounted and it'll clear the rotor without any filing to the caliper itself.

Yes. It has been done and I just don't remember the length of the line we ended up with. There should be pics on our facebook album

Sean

The stock Gafler line was about 3" short. I'll measure it when I get home and give Ya a call Sean. I did get the modification done to the rear braket you sent me and have the Busa caliper mounted up on the rear and ready to go. Thanks.

Back