Buy a motorcycle lift table or bring carbs in to shop?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
So I am having issues with my carbs I think I need to go though and clean them. Also one of my AF screws is in bad shape the guy that owned my max before me must have drilled them out and went to far on one and now I turned it some and it won't turn anymore and bike won't start now. so i need a new one and need to get that out. So right now I am having a hard time choosing if I should do it myself, if I do it my self I'm gonna buy a lift table from harbor Fright for 300 bucks. If I bring it in I will put that money for the table towards the shop fees. what do you guys think?

Re: BUy a motorcycle lift table or bring crabs in to shop?

I find stone crabs to be delicious any time they are legal. I enjoy diving for them but I confess to it being a long time since I last did that. What kind of crabs are you considering? :rofl_200:

There is an earlier thread I began about the H.Freight lift bench.

As long as it isn't pubic crabs.

mispelling is brutal, good luck though with your crab (carb) issue! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I would buy a lift & work on it yourself. As far as the crabs buy them at the grocery store you can get rid of that kind pretty easy.

Last edited:

So I am having issues with my carbs I think I need to go though and clean them. Also one of my AF screws is in bad shape the guy that owned my max before me must have drilled them out and went to far on one and now I turned it some and it won't turn anymore and bike won't start now. so i need a new one and need to get that out. So right now I am having a hard time choosing if I should do it myself, if I do it my self I'm gonna buy a lift table from harbor Fright for 300 bucks. If I bring it in I will put that money for the table towards the shop fees. what do you guys think?

Seriously, you don't need to lift the bike to remove the carbs, but if you have a stuck A/F mixture screw you better send it to someone that can remove the screws & not damage the carbs. carb rebuild & cleaning involves some skill to do it successfully, if you never worked on carbs before its better to send them to someone that works on them.

its BAST A RDS, OMG really, LOL,hahahahhaha:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Seriously though have your CRABS checked by a professional,hahahaha:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Tell me what carb body you need... front left, front right, rear left, rear right... I should have one. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff

How do you go about shipping carbs? Don't they reek of gas or be considered flammable? Do you put them in a plastic bag and bubble wrap?

well I am thinking hard about that table cause as of the last month something has been really bad with my back and the bending is killing me to work on it. but If I have to drop alot of money on the carbs I can't spend any on a table.

I would buy a lift & work on it yourself. As far as the crabs but them at the grocery store you can get rid of that kind pretty easy.

I'd be careful of that! You know how testy those "crab activist" groups get when someone 'BUTS' a crab!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

(Sorry Kyle, I just couldn't pass it up!)

well I am thinking hard about that table cause as of the last month something has been really bad with my back and the bending is killing me to work on it. but If I have to drop alot of money on the carbs I can't spend any on a table.

NaughtyG did an excellent 6 part pictorial on carb rebuilding, it will show you everything you need to disassemble and reassemble a rack of carbs. As for the A/F screw removal....it can get a little tricky, if you don't have a lot of experience Jeff's offer may be your best bet.

As for the lift....definitely!! Get it, you will never regret it, especially with a messed up back.

How do you go about shipping carbs? Don't they reek of gas or be considered flammable? Do you put them in a plastic bag and bubble wrap?

Just drain the fuel out. You can get most of it out using the drain screws but taking the float bowls off gets 99% of it out. Either way, guys do it all the time. Wouldn't hurt to drain them as much as possible and throw them in a plactic bag. They fit a large, flat rate box. Its kinda tight with some padding but they do fit.

You buy that table, then you will have to have a small step ladder to climb on to get to some things you might want to do uptop. I have a shop stool with wheels that I use that, suits all my needs well. Unless you are changing exhaust systems frequently or changing oil on a weekly basis ect. I would go with the shop stool and put money towards carb repair.

Thanks for fixing my topic line! So I am leaning towards getting a table. plus than all my friends will think im cool! Gonna give Jeff a call soon here and see what he has to offer! I fucking love you guys. as always if theres ever anything I can do for anyone please ask. I'm not the greatest with bikes at this point in my life but anything please ask.

YES! I got the bad screw out! now what to do? looking at my carbs I can see they are very dirty, just from taking a slide out. Am I wasting my time just doing a shotgun thing or should I just clean them or even send them to someone to clean them?

YES! I got the bad screw out! now what to do? looking at my carbs I can see they are very dirty, just from taking a slide out. Am I wasting my time just doing a shotgun thing or should I just clean them or even send them to someone to clean them?
your choice on cleaning them. I got mine back from Sean last week.. mine now runs better than when I 1st bought it 4 years ago.. I have been laughing and making my buddies on their liter bikes believing the Max is the KING.. Time to play with the busa's too. My 21 year old max likes to play..

The logical thing to do is sale the table, so you will have enough money to pay Sean for carb work and new screw . Did you take any pics with bike on table in the raised position and you on a ladder removing the carbs ? A picture is worth a thousand words..........

If you feel comfortable working on the bike, then do the carbs yourself. There is quite a few threads with pics on how to do this in the Carb section or the How To section. If you run into any problems, we can help you out. The carbs aren't overly hard to work on.

Back