Caliper dust shield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Today I was looking at the bike, and was gonna put on steel braided brake lines. The left front brake caliper is missing the dust shield. (At least thats what its called on a Mopar). So...the question I have is this (these) How important is it...IE I cant ride the bike until I get another, do I need to not ride in the rain, or business as usual until I can find another. Speaking of that....does anyone know what I might find one. I dont wanna have to buy a caliper off of ebay, just the get the dust shield. Any help is appreciated, and thanks.

Eric

:ummm:

Eric, you can ride safely without it. I hope someone here does not post a "yeah but" as it probably a one in a billion to get a rock in there or something that locks up the rotor and causes a crash. Post up your need in the Parts wanted section and I'm sure someone would be glad to about give you one. All my spares are from single piston brakes and not cherry.

u know whats odd? lots of bikes don't use them. fz1's for example i believe. also i think the gen 2 has them open. maybe to dissipate heat?

I dunno why they are there, but it ain't a safety feature. Probably keeps the dust down.
I got one for my rear off ebay, but that was one of those one in a million things that happens.
My Brembos don't have them.

Mine dissapeared off my rear caliper and I just replaced it.Yamaha is real proud of that little piece of plastic for about $14.Do you need it? Probably not.It just looked fucked up with out it to me.
Mike

When I brought my Max home it didn't have them. I was silly and bought a set, but yeah honestly they aren't too important.

Hey guys thanks for the info. I am still new to Vmax's as only had this 07 for about 6 months. This forum rocks!!!

Eric

Hey guys thanks for the info. I am still new to Vmax's as only had this 07 for about 6 months. This forum rocks!!!

Eric
My impression of this forum exactly. Glad to have you aboard .It's a pretty awesome little community we have going here.

www.ronayers.com
They have online microfiche of our bikes
If ya gotta have it they can get it
Unless ya got the mod disease then all bets are off ;-)

Doug ( who has NO stock brakes on his 97 )

Back