Carb Cleaning question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not 100% sure. I know when I asked 10 years ago it was $800 total. That works to about 11-12 hours since they charged $70 per hour back then.

It takes me 4 days to do a set working pretty diligantly after work each night. They aren't all that hard but they can be time consuming. I have been charging $400 exchange to do a set.

Sean

What's a replacement set cost from Yamaha? Sean's deal seems fair, but unless they're REALLY expensive, it would be hard for me to pay someone $800+ to rebuild them - and then gamble if they even have a clue what they're doing.

They don't sell them by the full rack. Each seperate carb body is over $500 or so. That doesn't include all the little brackets and linkage.

Sean

Sean and I are cheap compared to the shop...and I'd like to think we know what we're doing. lol

Sean and I are cheap compared to the shop...and I'd like to think we know what we're doing. lol

You guys I'm sure do. It's the kid at the Yamaha shop that rides his R1 to work everyday that I'd worry about. "Sure, I can rebuild dem babies for you. Now, what year snowmobile is that?" :biglaugh:

Back