Carb diaphragm issue??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a torn carb diaphragm will this cause the bike to run poorly it is for cyclinder number 3 what kind of symtoms will this cause as far as bike performance in own an 85 model the bike has been running poorly almost like its running on 3 cyclinders

Re: carb issue

i have a torn carb diaphragm will this cause the bike to run poorly it is for cyclinder number 3 what kind of symtoms will this cause as far as bike performance in own an 85 model the bike has been running poorly almost like its running on 3 cyclinders

You have pretty much answered your own question. A torn diaphram will cause that cylinder to run poorly, especially at anything above idle. The needle jet will not react properly to vacuum changes created by the butterfly valve (trottle valve) opening and closing. You need to change it.

You have pretty much answered your own question. A torn diaphram will cause that cylider to run poorly, especially at anything above idle. The needle jet will not react properly to vacuum changes created by the butterfly valve (trottle valve) opening and closing. You need to change it.

i went for 15 mile ride every thing was normal stopped to eat at a restaurant when i left to return home thats when it acted up just like somebody pulled on of the wires to the spark plug partially off.i hope a new diaphram cures the problem

i went for 15 mile ride every thing was normal stopped to eat at a restaurant when i left to return home thats when it acted up just like somebody pulled on of the wires to the spark plug partially off.i hope a new diaphram cures the problem

First rule to fixing anything is to fix what ever you KNOW is not right and then test and tune and see if it wields its ugly head again.

Get a hold of U motors and order a diaphragm. Check out the VMF links above for there contact info. :thumbs up:

You can do a quick "poor mans" fix on them with silicone. I've done it a few times before I bought new ones.

I wouldn't do the poor man's fix. It may work, but I've also had to deal with cleaning the carbs after someone did this. They also used a clear silicon, so it was a lot of fun! I had one tear on my while I was riding once. Also to check your other diaphrams by holding a flashlight behind them to see if you can see through them anywhere.

Latest posts

Back