Carb maintenance tip.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so here's my experience with "Start Your Engines".
I recently did the Peashooter and Shotgun Remedies to smooth out my Idle and that worked fairly well, but I was still getting a slight surge (50 -100 RPMs) at idle.
I ran a few bottles of seafoam and then techron through it for a few weeks with no change.
I put all 4oz of Start Your Engines in the 1-1/2 Gallons of Gas I had in the tank and rode the bike until I was almost out of fuel (when I filled it up, there was about 1/4 Gallon left in the tank).
That seemed to help a bit with the surge, but it wasn't completely gone.
I then took a 100 Mile ride and now the surge seems to be completely gone.
So my results seem to confirm what others have stated, this stuff does indeed do what it claims.

Ethanol gas is the problem.

here in Florida we can still get non-Ethanol gas at marina's, once i made the switch all my carb. problems stopped.

Dave

Ethanol gas is the problem.

here in Florida we can still get non-Ethanol gas at marina's, once i made the switch all my carb. problems stopped.

Dave

+ 1 on Marina location availibility of non-ethanol gas. I looked everywhere around me and eventually found it near a lake about 15 minutes from my house. I get a couple 5 gal cans every other week along with a fill up for my truck. We'll see how it works.

Since that stuff is probably naptha you could just buy some at your local hardware store & add a few oz to your tank & see if it helps. Naptha and tolulene seem to be used for these products.

I wasn't able to find the MSDS on their site so I asked in an email for it, we'll see how responsive they are.

I guess I am lucky, we have 3 stations with non ethenol fuel.
"START YOUR ENGINE" has worked in everything I have used it in, I have not put it in my bike yet because it's running perfect. Should I have a problem that will be the first thing I will dump in the tank.

I rode mine till the fuel light came on, dumped in the SYE, rode 25 more miles, let it sit overnight, then filled it up. Will go for a long ride on sunday to see if it helped any.

Here ya go Ro....

Here's the ingredients of B12 "chemtool"

Acetone 20-30% (nail polish remover)
2-Butoxyethanol <5%
Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) <5%
Methanol 20-30%
Methyl Ethyl <5%
Toluene 40-50%

And Seafoam
Pale Oil 40-60%
Naptha 25-35% (also known as "white gas" or camp stove fuel)
IPA (Isopropyl/Rubbing Alcohol) 10-20%

And Start Your Engines
IPA 0-20%
T-Butyl Methyl Ether 0-60% (aka MTBE, what replaced lead in gasoline)
Xylene 0-20%

The percentages are deliberately vague to protect "trade secrets".

Toulene and Xylene are similar, in that both are powerful industrial solvents, likely the "active ingredient". Both are extremely flammable.

Finding MSDS with google is easy, add the code "filetype: pdf" without the quotes.

sweet thanks ryan.
the naptha in seafoam for sure is what helps it work soo well. we use jet B which is naptha cut to clean out sled and 2stroke dirt pipe pipes, fill pipe let it sit for a day or two, everything comes out, super cleans it out the carbon, runs like new again the machine, wicked stuff, even in the plane helps unclog nozzels. har dot get jet b now, got a bit hidden away for rainy days hahahaha

Latest posts

Back