carbs synchronized

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
I was looking at the digi sync tool here on the forum to sync my carbs, had to work today so I stopped by a local used bike dealer and found a Motion Pro sync tool for $50 it was an open box deal, well I bought it. Got home today looked on this awesome site and found the How To Sync Your Carbs.

When I started my carbs where not synched, it was pretty easy to set them up, took her out for a spin, holy Sh#t what a difference it makes to sync them:punk:

I was looking at the digi sync tool here on the forum to sync my carbs, had to work today so I stopped by a local used bike dealer and found a Motion Pro sync tool for $50 it was an open box deal, well I bought it. Got home today looked on this awesome site and found the How To Sync Your Carbs.

When I started my carbs where not synched, it was pretty easy to set them up, took her out for a spin, holy Sh#t what a difference it makes to sync them:punk:

I wish you the best of luck with the motion pro but i have to say it was the worst carb sync i have ever used. Glad you got a good price on it.
Air bubbles that would not come out and 2 tubes of blue whatchamacallit???
Youtube video was well made by these guys but i have used carbs syncs for over 30 years--mercury ones and now the carbtune by morgan and will never go back.
I do appreciate Motion Pro refunding my money and i wish you the best of luck with it.:clapping:

I have a motion pro, used Marvel Mystery Oil to replace the factory fluid, works great. I even have a Mercury Manometer, It's so dated it's all but useless even when clean.

The last I bought was a Morgan Carbtune, It's a tiny, tiny bit off if I swap all the lines and test so I compensate for that while tuning. I also tune at 3,000 rpm with fans running on the radiator letting the Idle fall where it may. That insures the sync is right on at basically cruising speed. Makes a lot of noise for the neighbors but who cares. I use a bit of paint or fingernail polish to hold the adjustment screws when I'm done and they stay adjusted for a long time. Morgan Carbtune is the absolute easiest and best..

Dave

Ditto Jamie, gonna send my wife a copy of the info so I can get it from Santa or my grandchild. Lol. And my motion pro, well my issue is it doesn't caliberate for shit. Thought I had a good sync until I went over to see Skip, and then saw one of those digital gauges at Thunder.. I'm sold on them... He'll by Thunder next year I should be a expert on Vmax carbs...I guess one can only hope....

Latest posts

Back