Carrozzeria rotor bolt clearance issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic for sure, but those Carrs are a niiiiiiiiice set of wheels. Not a fan of the blue but if a black set came up for bid I might have to sell a kidney to come up with the cash.

Okay. I measured the speedo, bearings, spacer, stack width of my stock wheel. The Carr. Stack was was not as wide. I reassembled the Carr.and only flushed the bearing on the right with the out side of the hub. Put the wheel in and it Looked perfect. Cinched the axle up which pulled the bearing down till it seated in the bottom of the cup. That moved the wheel back to the right. I see two solutions. The first, cut a shim the right thickness to go in the bearing pocket and add that thickness to a new spacer. Or add an additional spacer to the outside spacer. I have a mag wheel washer that is just right. The first way is the best as it keeps the bearings spaced as far apart as possible. The second should work and it's cheap. Any thoughts? Something I 'm missing?

Sounds like it's too far machined for the bearing seats as you noted. I think the simplest solution of the longer outer bushing will work just fine. The minimal difference in leverage from the bearing width shouldn't make any measurable difference.

Sean

That combined with the the nice chromed mag. washer I've got sitting here pretty much says option number 2. I'll let you know what happens.

Off topic for sure, but those Carrs are a niiiiiiiiice set of wheels. Not a fan of the blue but if a black set came up for bid I might have to sell a kidney to come up with the cash.

They looked much better on the bike .

Attachments

• Pickles 1.jpg
    Pickles 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 22
  • Pickles 2.jpg
    Pickles 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 22
I ended up adding a second outside spacer on the right side. The result was good, everything lined up right and the rotors are centered. Test drive tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back