CARROZZERIA wheel thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet looking Grimmie! I'm doing the same mods so thanks for the preview!:punk:

Thanks, you're gonna love it. Sean really has his shit together. The wheel and swingarm kit are the deal. I had no idea how much the stock unbraced swingarm flexes.

You gonna install it yourself? I did, and it was a job but nothing to bad.

Thanks, you're gonna love it. Sean really has his shit together. The wheel and swingarm kit are the deal. I had no idea how much the stock unbraced swingarm flexes.

You gonna install it yourself? I did, and it was a job but nothing to bad.
Yes I am going to install it. I have had the bike down to frame, wiring and triple trees before so it shouldn't be a issue. I have my R1 caliper underslung like Mike ([email protected]) so I hope I can get the caliper bled properly.
The only thing holding me up is that I have a lot of other more important things to tend to ATM.

Yes I am going to install it. I have had the bike down to frame, wiring and triple trees before so it shouldn't be a issue. I have my R1 caliper underslung like Mike so I hope I can get the caliper bled properly.
The only thing holding me up is that I have a lot of other more important things to tend to ATM.

Nice!! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Your bike looks great anyway and only gonna get better!

After seeing these rims in person this weekend I am impressed. They are slick. I liked the red anodized matching the bikes. i can imagine some bad ass color combinations. And the bling factor is high with those. they are for sure a showier rim then i imagined.

I have my R1 caliper underslung like Mike ([email protected]) so I hope I can get the caliper bled properly.

My bleeding issue turned out to be a leaky caliper. I was loosing a VERY small amount of fluid from the "spots". I tore the caliper down and did an inspection and found that there were some globs of powder coating inside the caliper where the o-rings on the spots seal up.

I ended up stripping all the PC from the caliper inside and out. I repainted it with VHT caliper paint. It looked better coated but what are you gonna do? I bought all new dust and piston seals. The kit does NOT come with O-rings for the "spots" There is not even a PN listed on the fische for them. A local hardware store has an amazing assortment of metric o-rings so I dropped about a dollar on new o-rings.

Once reassembled with new seals and no PC inside, it bled pretty easily. You have to mount the caliper, route the line and tighten the banjo, remove the caliper and hold it up high, then bleed.

No major deal if your caliper is in good shape!

Good luck with the rebuild, I'm sure Redbone is going to look great.

My bleeding issue turned out to be a leaky caliper. I was loosing a VERY small amount of fluid from the "spots". I tore the caliper down and did an inspection and found that there were some globs of powder coating inside the caliper where the o-rings on the spots seal up.

I ended up stripping all the PC from the caliper inside and out. I repainted it with VHT caliper paint. It looked better coated but what are you gonna do? I bought all new dust and piston seals. The kit does NOT come with O-rings for the "spots" There is not even a PN listed on the fische for them. A local hardware store has an amazing assortment of metric o-rings so I dropped about a dollar on new o-rings.

Once reassembled with new seals and no PC inside, it bled pretty easily. You have to mount the caliper, route the line and tighten the banjo, remove the caliper and hold it up high, then bleed.

No major deal if your caliper is in good shape!

Good luck with the rebuild, I'm sure Redbone is going to look great.
I must have missed this, but it is good news that you found your issue with bleeding. It makes looking forward to the job on Wednesday seem a little less daunting. I hope I am able to get the caliper high enough as I'm not sure how much cable slack I will have since my cable runs inside the swingarm.

I must have missed this, but it is good news that you found your issue with bleeding. It makes looking forward to the job on Wednesday seem a little less daunting. I hope I am able to get the caliper high enough as I'm not sure how much cable slack I will have since my runs inside the swingarm.

As long as you can get the bleeder pointing UP instead of down, as it is when mounted, you should be fine. Once I figured out the caliper was leaking and fixed that, it was no problem to bleed at all.

There is a nice review of the new Continental Sport Attack 2 Tires in the October Motorcyclist magazine. OEM for the BMW S1000RR and was advertised as being " handmade ". Had no idea anybody made tires by hand anymore.

OK guys! Just got in a batch of custom seals for the right front. I have sent emails out requesting address verifications from my previous customers. We will have these available as well for future customers. This is only a cosmetic upgrade since the bearings are sealed. It also helps to hold the spacer while the wheel is installed too.

Sean

The sale some of you have been waiting for!

Through Jan 31st - $1850 ($2250 regular). Chrome available for additional fee. We started with 50 sets at the first of last year and have about 25 sets remaining. So, don't delay! Get in on the sale today!

Email me at [email protected]
Sean

Attachments

• 2013 Carrozzeria Sale.jpg
    2013 Carrozzeria Sale.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 102
I have about 15 sets left (not many). Price is $2300 shipped (in the U.S.) with seals (they have new bearings already installed). We can ship anywhere for a little extra cost. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

What size tyres on the Carro's when using the stock swingarm?? Any advice on sizes??

I went with classic black wheels and they look sensational! Another happy Morley customer :)

Email replied as well as PM'd (though best to work it out by email).

Im finally going to get rubber for my Carrs this year and was wondering what front tire size would be best to run? I plan on having a 180 out back since i dont have a modded swingarm yet.

Back