center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopheos

Reaction score
I have an 85 max that lacks the center stand, and there is a new center stand from a 2001 on ebay for 50.00. Does anyone know if that year will fit my 85, and is 50.00 too expensive? Thanks.

Lemme look in the garage, I'm sure I still have the centerstand and stuff from my 07. I'll sell it for $25 + shipping in the US.

Lemme look in the garage, I'm sure I still have the centerstand and stuff from my 07. I'll sell it for $25 + shipping in the US.

Scratch that, I just looked in the spare parts bin and it's gone. I think I may have pitched it when I organized my garage for winter. :bang head:

Pity I'm in NZ, I have one that you could have for $0 except postage would probably kill it.

What exhaust do you have? Some exhausts require the removal of the centerstand.

Hatter, I'm not sure of the brand slipon exhaust I have (it was a fleabay special), but it uses the stock downpipes - but now come to think of it, I bought this bike with a 4-2-1 Holeshot on it...hmmm, hope the PO didn't cut the tabs off.:ummm:

I am a fleabay addict and find 50 bucks too high. As one previous poster mentioned, there is a ton of hardware that makes this work so you must be sure you are getting all of it also. Check the microfiche for description. I would only pay 50 for a like new one with all the hardware. As KJ mentioned, some toss these anchors overboard when using some of the better 4-2-1 exhaust systems. That being said, I just picked a like new centerstand hardware collection. Let me know if you need help.

i just bought a new center stand after snapping the old one like a twig . but i am having an issue connecting the retention spring to the frame and center stand assembly. any idea's guys?

Attachments

• 20100929_002.jpg
    20100929_002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20101006_002.jpg
    20101006_002.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 32
Place large washers between each coil of the spring. Alternate so the spring will stay straight. This elongates the spring to where it will just slip on. Then remove the washers.

Success!

i got it in with a little muscle and patience! thanks guys for the idea's

Attachments

• 20101006_004.jpg
    20101006_004.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20101006_005.jpg
    20101006_005.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28
haha well i did it the dumb way. another guy and i attached the spring then slid the bolts in to pivot the CS and put it into place.

Place large washers between each coil of the spring. Alternate so the spring will stay straight. This elongates the spring to where it will just slip on. Then remove the washers.

That's the best tip I've ever heard for getting stubborn/high tension springs on. I always end up trying to muscle it with a screwdriver or something, and usually leaving blood on the garage floor when something slips.

Latest posts

Back