Clutch slipping after big power boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittnathan

Reaction score
Hi. Recently had Morley muscle kit and a full UFO system on my bike and after it come back from the rolling road the clutch is now slipping. I gained 40+bhp so it's obviously struggling to cope now. Would heavy clutch springs solve the problem?

do a search for the DD mod. It will help out. on the squeeze I'm over 200rwhp and my clutch is just fine.

The original clutch struggles to cope with the stock power output.

The "DD" mod (doubling up two springs) will solve the issue at the expense of a very stiff clutch lever.

PCW makes a clutch kit with an OE style (but stiffer) spring and all new frictions to eliminate the anti-chatter disc. It kind of splits the difference between stock and DD, it's like 1.5x as strong. This would be my choice.

What else did you do to gain 40 hp? Thats a heck of a lot of power to gain from a jet kit and exhaust only.

Todd

Got rid of cobra slip ons and got new carb diaphrams! It was very sluggish at first and only made 90hp on its first run. Got 133hp when all was complete. Dyno tuner said it was the best result he'd had on a max. Will post the graph if I get time.

That's sounds absolutely great, but of course dynos are often calibrated a little differently. Still, great reading! And I'm sure you're enjoying all those extra ponies on the road :)

Back