Cold in FL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
Dudes - it's freezing cold down here in west central FL ( just ask Uncle Philthy ) . I had to put a blanket on Maxine to keep her warm - it's almost down to 40 F. Maybe some of you from the Great White North will show mercy on us & send some Labatt's Blue antifreeze to get us through this travesty...

Attachments

• blanket.jpg
    blanket.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13
I 'm not sure of the conversion, but it's -28c here in Northern Ontario

Mike

just looked it up -18F - either way it's f_cking cold!

Ha Ha Ha very funny! Rubbing it in are ya :damn angry:! It was -14 degees here at 8 am and now is a balmy 10 degees. Redbone is nicely tucked away in a heated basement with a '87 (I think) shovelhead, and a '03 FZ1. All are nicely covered with moving blankets so we can't see the shiney parts. We have gotten togerther to pull back the blankets, enjoy some barley pops while bench racing. :cheers:
Tis' a long winter here in the U.P. but it make the good weather all the more apprecieated! (at least that what I tell myself :confused2:)

I don't know How you guys stand it.
I ride till the weather dips below 50.
I can't remember, being in below freezing temperatures, anymore. I Just know below 50, riding is not comfortable to me. So it's more of a chore than just fun.
But On the other hand I can sit in traffic on my Max in 98 degrees in the blazing sun and not be miserable from the heat. So thin blood has it's benefits.

Hope you guys up north thaw out soon.
Any one know if old Punxsutawney saw his shadow this year?
:cheers:

Haha cold. I guess it's all comparative. I ride 'till it hits the 30's, then I put it away. Can't wait for the snow to melt. The temps will be in the 40's this weekend, but the roads will be shit.

Dudes - it's freezing cold down here in west central FL ( just ask Uncle Philthy ) . I had to put a blanket on Maxine to keep her warm - it's almost down to 40 F. Maybe some of you from the Great White North will show mercy on us & send some Labatt's Blue antifreeze to get us through this travesty...

Ugh.. Labatt's Blue! :barf: We'll have to get you up here for a beer tour so you can taste some really good suds! Maybe even Hamilton's own Steeler beer! LOL....:smileystooges:

I don't know How you guys stand it.
I ride till the weather dips below 50.
I can't remember, being in below freezing temperatures, anymore. I Just know below 50, riding is not comfortable to me. So it's more of a chore than just fun.
But On the other hand I can sit in traffic on my Max in 98 degrees in the blazing sun and not be miserable from the heat. So thin blood has it's benefits.

Hope you guys up north thaw out soon.
Any one know if old Punxsutawney saw his shadow this year?
:cheers:

Yea that varmint saw his shadow again this year. He always See's his shadow...Maybe if they would pull his ass out on a cloudy day, we would get different results.:hmmm:

It's a frosty 12 degrees here in pittsburgh this morning. supposed to hit the 30's this upcomming week. Still couldn't ride if i wanted to, due to all the gravel on the road.

Dudes - it's freezing cold down here in west central FL ( just ask Uncle Philthy ) .

42 on on Uncle Philthy's back porch yesterday, 44 this morning... high yeterday was 58. I know, all you guys that live in cold climates don't think that's too bad at all, but down here it can be very uncomfortable... it's a 'humidity' thing... Add wind chill at 60+, and it can be VERY uncomfortable!

Back 'in the day', I would ride in all kinds of weather...in very cold and wet conditions as found in SW Oregon...but that was then, and this is now.... Uncle Philthy can patiently wait for it to get a little warmer, before takin' Lil' Mari out of the garage.

The good thing is...no LONG waits as some of our poor bro's in the real fridged regions have to indure...(feelin' for ya KJ!)... this weekend will be back into the mid 70's again...and that mah-frens is WHY I live in FL!

Hoping your coming weekend will be as good as mine will!

Philthy

Ha it's not that cold. Two weeks ago we were dealing with wind chill factors of -35, that's something to put a sweater on for. ;)

Latest posts

Back