Colorado Springs, CO. - Any Members Located Near Here?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I was wondering if any forum members are near here and if so what the riding/ weather is like there at during the Spring/ Summer/ Fall/ Winter seasons? Are the mountains roads as good as they seem in a cage? How does our Vmax run at the 5000+ elevations?
TIA

you can ride a good amount during the fall and spring as well winter if you don't mind the colder weather. Usually the snow will be gone 1-2 days after it falls since it is a desert climate! I have ridden my bike up to pikes peak(14k) with minimal problems.

Vacation or relocation?
As of now, I am just working at the very preliminary stages of a possible move.
There are a few things that need to come to pass before I will make any commitment. Kinda vague I know but too early too to know anything concrete.

you can ride a good amount during the fall and spring as well winter if you don't mind the colder weather. Usually the snow will be gone 1-2 days after it falls since it is a desert climate! I have ridden my bike up to pikes peak(14k) with minimal problems.
Thanks, Kevin. I've been up to Pikes peak twice and I have some minimal problems up there too.
J/K, although when I went up on the Cog Railway I did have a upset stomach when I first got up there. I did go up there in my Brother-in-laws jeep and had no problems.
I figured you might be able to ride a good part of the year, which sounds great to me stuck here in the middle of a Michigan winter! Closer to Morley too!

How is Colorado for loud exhausts? How about emissions testing?

Brian,

I am about 1 1/2 hours from the springs. I am only here working but have lived in Colorado several different times. The only thing is I have never registered my vehicals here due to the fact I have only been here for runs of 7 or so months at a time. Yet knock on wood I have not been caught!:punk: I am pretty sure that they have emissions testing too. Loud exhaust I am not too sure on. Sorry I could not be more help!:confused2:

G

Brian,

I am about 1 1/2 hours from the springs. I am only here working but have lived in Colorado several different times. The only thing is I have never registered my vehicles here due to the fact I have only been here for runs of 7 or so months at a time. Yet knock on wood I have not been caught!:punk: I am pretty sure that they have emissions testing too. Loud exhaust I am not too sure on. Sorry I could not be more help!:confused2:

G
Thanks G! If i ever do move out to Colorado we'll have to meet up for a ride or something. Just as long as they don't frown on slightly modified bikes I should be OK.
I'll probably make it up to Pocatello, ID. to visit Shad once or twice a year, maybe even hit the GP race in Salt Lake. The mountain roads look awesome to ride!

Thanks G! If i ever do move out to Colorado we'll have to meet up for a ride or something. Just as long as they don't frown on slightly modified bikes I should be OK.
I'll probably make it up to Pocatello, ID. to visit Shad once or twice a year, maybe even hit the GP race in Salt Lake. The mountain roads look awesome to ride!

LOL your kidding me Pocatello! My actual house and residence is 100 west of there. Just east of Twin Falls.. :rofl_200:

Gannon

Yellowstone baby.........:punk:

LOL your kidding me Pocatello! My actual house and residence is 100 west of there. Just east of Twin Falls.. :rofl_200:

Gannon

Declo??? ha, ha, ha.......

Latest posts

Back