Computer parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newegg and tigerdirect are good. i sometimes buy from geeks.com. for the most part you'll find the same stuff everywhere, one will have one thing on sale, sometimes you're lucky and find an e-tailer discounting what you want. i usually start off google shopping.

We buy all of our stuff from NewEgg.

You can find better deals from other e-tailers out there, but by the time you get all of the stuff you want from um-teen different places, the shipping costs drive the price up over what you would have paid to order it from one place.

They also have very good customer service.

newegg is great

tigerdirect is good for name brand, don't buy any of 'their' brand stuff tho

Whatcha looking for, Blaine?

A motherboard with a HDMI output or a video card. A faster CPU and RAM. That pretty much sounds like an entire new computer but I can't throw down 600 or 700 at once on a whole new system. Besides, I know how to assemble the parts and I already own Windows 7 O/S, hard drives, DVD ROM, power supply, keyboard, mouse. I have to do it discreetly so my sweetie doesn't catch on to my plan! LOL!

Blaine

Last edited:
What type of CPU/ MB/ RAM do you have right now? Might be able to up RAM and GPU to give you performance you want. Are you going to be gaming?

I would recommend getting a MB that supports USB 3.0. They are already available and that will be the norm by years end. Some disk drives using 3.0 are available also. LOTS faster data transfer rate over 2.0.

+1 on newegg, hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent there between me and my friends and everything is always top notch and they let us return all the shit we didnt want! lol

I would recommend getting a MB that supports USB 3.0. They are already available and that will be the norm by years end. Some disk drives using 3.0 are available also. LOTS faster data transfer rate over 2.0.
+1, def the way to go! If your current MB doesn't handle PCI-E 2.0 the same applies as the USB 3.0. While it is backward compatible to PCI-E 1.0 but to get the best performance out of your HDMI device you'll appreciate having it because PCI-E 2.0 is double the throughput of 1.0.

Back