Concealed Carry Weapons, Firearm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot placement is far more important than caliber. I'd rather be shot at by a street punk with a 45 than somebody like Specops with a .22. Way back in the early 90's when i was a dealer ans shot a lot and stayed up on it there was some published material about 1 shot stops from hand gun, i'm sure teh info is still out there and updated, Maasad Ayoob and, shoot can't remember the other guys name did a lot of it. Off the top of my head I remember the #1 1 shot stopper was .357 125 gr jhp, 9 mm and 45 were about the same with the 45 200 grain CCI round and the Federal 115 +o 9mm load, 40 s&W was just starting to come out and looked like it was going to be a real good 1 shot stopper. Maybe if i get bored at work this weekend i'll see what i can find. In my time as a dealer and avid shooter I have noticed a lot of the older guy favor the 45, and a lot of the stories are just that, stories, I say that because they all sweared by 230 grain ball ammo, which is not a good stopper at all. By anyway, as i stated, placement is everything, actually tactics to avoid a gun fight is everything, shot placement comes next.

Yep, I've read a lot of Ayoob's stuff, and the 125-gr .357 Mag was famous for ending gunfights with a non-lethal hit.

I'm carrying 10mm Glocks loaded with Cor Bon 135-grain JHPs at about 1,400 fps. Pretty closely matches the .357 load above, and comes with semi-auto capacity. The .357 Sig will likely be my next carry caliber added to the rotation.

I actually corresponded with Ayoob on the 10mm load selection a few months ago.

Bought a Romanian Tokarev pistoli last week. It's the 7.62x25. Shoots high. I'll have to work on that. Thin gun. Sort of a .45acp/ 1903 Colt copy. I have the CZ 52. It doesn't bark as loud as this gun. It's as loud as a warm 357 load. It was worth $223 delivered. At 6 to 9 cents a bang, it's cheap to shoot. The mil rds come out of the pipe around 1500 fps. S&B is over 1600.

Attachments

• pistolis.jpg
    pistolis.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 15
I've seen those at the gun shows for quite a while now. Not a bad price and in the right price range to carry and not be too concerned about it getting banged around.. 6 to 9 cents a round is very reasonable too....

I'm gonna pack the Tok Trick or Treating tonight. Not that I'm too concerned with the area I'm taking the kids. It's mostly military folks. The SNCO of my work area is retiring soon. He's heading to Vegas to work for the FBI. I will miss him. At least he will know a couple other retired SNCO's out there we both know. I visited them last summer. Anyway, Tommy wants to see the piece. I'll be swinging by with my two youngest to rape him of candy. Who knows, we might run into Michael Meyers.:gun shoot:

Been reading all the posts I have a FNP 9mm, FNP 40mm and a S&W bodyguard. I carry the bodyguard everywhere. I just bought a new oistol. Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet. It is a FNH 5.7x28mm. Very light, about same size as full size pistols but shoots a round similar to rifle bullet. At almost 2100fps and drops an inch or less in a hundred yards. Very little recoil. My wife loves this gun too.

That is a different round, spyder. I've seen the rounds advertised but never paid much attention. About the same price to shoot as a .45acp. Bet it has some serious penetration. Says it kicks a third less than a 9mm. Wow! The heavier grain bullet is faster than the lighter.
Got a surprise this eve. Momma was down visiting her outlaws in Okla this weekend. Her bro in law had a CZ 52 with a broken firing pin. I asked her to ask him how much he'd want for it. When she was leaving, he handed the gun to her. My wife tried to give him some money but he said he'd catch up with us someday.
I happened to have a steel firing pin that I bought 7 years ago. I was in doubt of finding it, but the first place I looked, there she was. I found how to pop the pin out by accident. Now I'm the proud owner of four of these. They all are in VG+ condition.

Attachments

• free pistoli.jpg
    free pistoli.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 13
Build this from parts, special thanks to Spec Ops for all his help

Attachments

• ar15.jpg
    ar15.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 14
That turned out very nice. All I really did was give moral support. You did all the work and quite well at that....:biglaugh: Congrats.....

Anyone know who sells this stuff? Over 500 lbs. Corbon Pow'R Ball 45ACP 165gr +P Ammo

I'm thinking about getting a new armchair, home defense weapon. Anybody know of a short barrel wheel gun chambered for .45 acp and strong enough to handle these +P rounds? Reasonably priced?

Wheel guns chambered in 45 and expensive, very few companies make them, pretty much S&W, Ruger and Freedom arms, if your going wheel gun go 357, a lot more power and gun options than 45 acp. Cor Bon is good ammo.

Wheel guns chambered in 45 and expensive, very few companies make them, pretty much S&W, Ruger and Freedom arms, if your going wheel gun go 357, a lot more power and gun options than 45 acp. Cor Bon is good ammo.

I was wanting to stay with .45 acp just because that's what I load, if I switched calibers I'd probably go with the 'son of sam' Charter Arms Bulldog.

It looks like sticking with an auto is the best bet tho, lots of options. Ruger has a few in the $450 range and I like the 8 + 1 firepower!

I was wanting to stay with .45 acp just because that's what I load, if I switched calibers I'd probably go with the 'son of sam' Charter Arms Bulldog.

It looks like sticking with an auto is the best bet tho, lots of options. Ruger has a few in the $450 range and I like the 8 + 1 firepower!

tons of 45's on the market looking to get a small one my self, was seconds away form getting a sig p250c but the more i read about it the more i didn't want one. Might go with a small 9 instead, just waiting for the right deal

Dan-O, if you're looking for a full-sized .45 ACP, here's one worth a look. 13+1 capacity:

Glock-21.jpg

If you truly want a short-barreled version, you can look at the Glock 30, standard with a 10-round mag, but you can just stick in the 13-round mag that the Glock 21 uses. I generally carry the Glock 29 (the G30's brother in 10mm, along with a 15-round mag for backup).

Latest posts

Back