couple of shinko tire questions. is everybody still happy with them?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a set from Motorcycle Superstore. Ended up being a whopping $5 cheaper than Bike Bandit. We'll see how quick they come. They say they will be here Thursday.

170 for the back, 120 up front. Anything is better than my stock rear. It is BALD. Seems like it went from marginally safe to drag slick in about 300 miles. :confused2: Weird. Maybe the new pipes had something to do with it:rofl_200:

They are the original tires. Bought the bike with 2K on it end of summer last year. Tires looked brand new. I don't think the guy who had it before me ever opened up the throttle. I'm now close to 4K. As long as it lasts me through the summer I'll be happy.

Just ordered a set from Motorcycle Superstore. Ended up being a whopping $5 cheaper than Bike Bandit. We'll see how quick they come. They say they will be here Thursday.

170 for the back, 120 up front. Anything is better than my stock rear. It is BALD. Seems like it went from marginally safe to drag slick in about 300 miles. :confused2: Weird. Maybe the new pipes had something to do with it:rofl_200:

They are the original tires. Bought the bike with 2K on it end of summer last year. Tires looked brand new. I don't think the guy who had it before me ever opened up the throttle. I'm now close to 4K. As long as it lasts me through the summer I'll be happy.

wow 4k is a long time. my dunlops were pretty much new on my '94 last yr and only made it a hair under 3k miles. i would agree tho. all of a sudden one day they were bald. very odd. i replaced 'em with oem dunlops then sold the bike. LOVE the shinko's, i especially love the look of the 170/120...

just got the shinkos mounted up at the stealer this afternoon $45 a tire off the bike bulls**t! :ranting: but i put the 120 on and its close but still has some room. the 170 on the rear has about a 1/4" of clearance on the shaft side plenty on the other side now i got to get it on the road and check them out.
Chris

Back