Custom v-max on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's about an hour from where I work. Maybe I should take a road trip....:hmmm:

esp with no reserve. it'd be neat to see a single sided swingarm chain drive.

Chain drive out the right then crosses under the tank to the left!
You can see the shaft in this pic

There must be some powerloss going about it that way

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
Power output typical left side, then to cross shaft or some call "jack shaft" with output now being RSD. Powerloss is almost zero, probably 98-99% efficiency.

Well, I agree we all disagree:biglaugh: . He's eliminated 2 x pairs of spiral bevels from conventional setup by now using chain. Chain is typically 2% power loss but more transmission efficient than the spiral bevels.
So the end result is it has to be more efficient than the stock setup.
The cross shaft is effectively a cluster sprocket running on a bearing, it's hardly losing anything power wise.

Hmmm :ummm:

Of what i know chain is about min 10% of power loss. About 20% with drive shaft. While he eleminated 2 spiral bevels he added one and two bearings.

Of course you're right about more efficiency with chain setup compared
to stock drive shaft but...i cant agree of total effiency.
98% its almost imposible. Lets say 85-90% and thats sounds good :D

At the end we both know whats up so :cheers: bro :)

Sprockets typically 98% efficient, belt drive 95% shaft drive/bevel 92 %
all approximate of course.
The sprocket shaft running in bearings is really no different than the setup of a front wheel for example.

Ok its look like we have diffrent knowlage sources.

But, you will not denay that as more speed then less efficiency at the final drive?

Also ther're many types of chains, many manufacters so this theory cant be that accurate.

Show me the bike driven by chain with only 98% transmission.
I want to see some dyno :confused2:

You may be right about 98% efficiency. I've found very good article but...i was right too.
As you can see on the graph 98% efficiency appears only at min speed.
So we're talkin about efficiency on low, high or average?

32734182.jpg

Rest of that article here:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8023

I said "typically" 98%, not an ultimate speed. Even your graph shows it falling below 98% at what 70 mph?
Don't know about you but typically I ride below 70mph as would most people I assume. So typically I would be running at 98% and not 91% because I don't ride at 150 mph riding to work and back assuming I was chain driven.

So, I still stand by my previous figures that I posted:boxing00:

Having said all that, the basis of my argument was that this particular setup power wise is more efficient than what it was stock, it has to be as I said earlier because 4 spiral bevel gears have been replaced by 4 sprockets.

on a side not, it doesnt change the fact the bike is ugly :p

Have seen that bike in person a few times and it is a POS!! Dude home made most of the parts and they broke constantly. Add that to the fact that it is quite ugly and it isnt the bargain you would think it is.

I said "typically" 98%, not an ultimate speed. Even your graph shows it falling below 98% at what 70 mph?
Don't know about you but typically I ride below 70mph as would most people I assume. So typically I would be running at 98% and not 91% because I don't ride at 150 mph riding to work and back assuming I was chain driven.
Yes, you right
So, I still stand by my previous figures that I posted:boxing00:
Me too.
Having said all that, the basis of my argument was that this particular setup power wise is more efficient than what it was stock, it has to be as I said earlier because 4 spiral bevel gears have been replaced by 4 sprockets.
One:
We do not know specific details about this mod unless you have diaghrams
or photos
Two:
All that crap about efficiency is only "THEORETICAL".
We can blah blah here and we may quarell alll the day.

Theres lots of elements in our theories about efficiency not taken into account. Dust, temperature, grease/oil class, chain and sprockets material, water, parts wearing....devil knows what else.

And yes it can be said that chain drive have about 98% efficiency but ONLY with NEW motorcycle and in the VOID.

Then look at the dyno graphs and you can see that almost evry kind of motorcycle with power claimed about 100 crank HP by manufacter shows only 70 at the rear wheel?

So why?

How much you can lose on the rear tire? 10%?
So wheres the rest?

Listen, thers no kind IRON RULE about this, we may presume all the day, we may to argue all the week and at the end DYNO run wins...:looser:

Over and out.

Then look at the dyno graphs and you can see that almost evry kind of motorcycle with power claimed about 100 crank HP by manufacter shows only 70 at the rear wheel?

So why?

How much you can lose on the rear tire? 10%?
So wheres the rest?

Every bike I've seen runs through a clutch, primary drive, transmission,middle gears maybe,u/j, dirve shaft and final drive. EACH set of elements robs power.

I've never seen a motorcycle that has a chain that goes from the crank to the rear wheel.

I thought it pretty obvious.:ummm:

:thumbs up:

Back