customer bike pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Hey guys I am working on getting a website up and running. I was wanting to have a photo gallery of customers bikes and their statements on their coil conversion harness. So if you want your bike posted on the net please forward a picture and your statement to me. Also would be interested in some links that you might have. Thanks Gannon

[email protected]

You'll have to email me Gannon. I think my customer with the reaper bike as well as the customer we built the pulling tractor are both Happy with their harness's

Sean

Got my COPs installed, all 4, carbs in synch. runs like a bat out of hell. Are you sure it doesn't make more HP with COPs ? I nailed it in 2nd gear on a back road, kinda tary asphalt, tire spun until it hooked up and noticed my clutch had some slippage. I have to be putting more HP to the rear wheel , after that second gear run (2) all I have is chicken feathers left on my back tire..........anyway I was impressed with the quality (workmanship)of the harness and the performance of the bike. Thanks Joe

Got my COPs installed, all 4, carbs in synch. runs like a bat out of hell. Are you sure it doesn't make more HP with COPs ? I nailed it in 2nd gear on a back road, kinda tary asphalt, tire spun until it hooked up and noticed my clutch had some slippage. I have to be putting more HP to the rear wheel , after that second gear run (2) all I have is chicken feathers left on my back tire..........anyway I was impressed with the quality (workmanship)of the harness and the performance of the bike. Thanks Joe

Joe,
I am sorry I actually have no documentation of added horsepower nor would I claim it to do so. Sean Morley is the only one that I know that comes close to a Dyno and has the COP harness that I build. Someone like him would be the one to give his imput. I have only made it easier for you guys to plug and play the conversion and let the customers speak for the product. It was the Idea of an awesome forum member that had the vision to try this conversion and with him and the members themselves that have had the Jewels to do the testing with multiple failures of CDI's and Dyna's. Even with testing on occilscopes. The members are the ones who have made it what it is today. However I do thank you for your imput on my quality of the workmanship. I believe in building something to last! ,and not the throw away society we have become :punk:

Thanks Gannon

Nope, its impossible.

Dont have any pictures ( yet ) but I was impressed at how easy the harnesses were to install ( once the old coils were taken out ) . :worthy:

maybe later this summer i could do a cops/regular dyno comparison and then the differetnt dyna curve comparisons?

i bet it would run $150 ish, maybe we could get a chip in and all put towards it.

Lol, I heard or read somewhere that if your a yahoo member UFO will give you a free dyno test... What??? Lol

This is a dumb question partly because I'm new to my vmax, but what is a COP and what does it do? I'd like to get the harness to check it out on my max!!

Ryan

COPs are short for Coil on Plug, My COPs are from a 1000 GSXR, harness made by 88vmx12 . Great mod for a Vmax.

This is a dumb question partly because I'm new to my vmax, but what is a COP and what does it do? I'd like to get the harness to check it out on my max!!

Ryan

...what does it do? I'd like to get the harness to check it out on my max!!
Ryan

Ryanh0912, just getting the harness isn't enough, you'll have to get some COPS first :). This is a really cool mod first done by BirdoPrey back in Oct '08. The mod itself has matured over the years with a bunch of folks analyzing the system with o-scopes and logic analyzers resulting with the necessary resistors and a list of preferred COPS. 88vmx12 has even gone so far as to fabricate the harnesses for sale.

My battery died a few months back and when I removed my #1 and #3 ignition coils, I found cracks in the bottom of housings. To replace these with OEMs cost around $65-80 each plus shipping. And of course, if I were to replace two, I would replace all four. #1 and #3 are easy to switch out, but #2 and #4 are a bitch to get at tucked up underneath the ignition timing unit itself. I got 4 used R1 COPS and their harness off of ebay for a grand total of $45 bucks (shipping included). You catch that? All four coils for half the price of one OEM. Once installed all that would have to happen should one die is pop it off of the plug and pop a working one on. Here's BirdoPrey's original post:
May have found a cheap coil/wire replacement option

Search the forum for COPS and you will find a bunch of threads on the subject--from the research and troubleshooting, to the how-to-install, to the do's and don'ts, to posts of satisfied modders. I have saved off 11 personally cause I have yet to do the mod (things just keep coming up like a weepy breather housing).

Anyways, if you do decide to do this, don't get the Mitsubishis, get the ones made by a company that start with the letter "D" (sorry the name of escapes me) and BE SURE TO GET THE SHORT ONES.

Back