Dale Walkers Hole shot 4 to 2 (jetting?)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Dale walker exhaust and jetting?

Hello all, I have a 2006 vmax, looking at buying a Dale Walker exhaust.........Jetting required with this exhaust? do I need the stage 1 kit that the web site suggests?

thanks again, sorry for all the newbie questions...but I'm really green when it somes to this.

Re: Dale walker exhaust and jetting?

What altitude are you at? Stay away from Walker's stage 1 kit, it's not needed. You should be fine stock but if you want, decrease the main jet size. Buddy here has 147.5 mains at 1000 ft above sea level.

What altitude are you at? Stay away from Walker's stage 1 kit, it's not needed. You should be fine stock but if you want, decrease the main jet size. Buddy here has 147.5 mains at 1000 ft above sea level.

shawn kloker said:
I would stay away from the walker pipes too.

Why, what is wrong with his pipe?

I like the Marks and HMF's way better.Supposedly better sound and power too.Any after market system is better than stock though.The guy I know with them has 18" cans and you can't even hear them following him.

This is my opinion not fact. I shouldn't have even said anything.I know there are people who don't like the looks of mine with the can clamps.

Last edited:

There is nothing wrong with his pipes or anyone elses. We have not found any correlation to ANYONES pipes and who makes the best power. It boils down to price, availability, and looks when you make your decision.

Bolt on any aftermarket header and leave the jetting alone. If you want to maximize the power you would go with a jet kit like mine or stage seven though the bike will run great as is.

Sean Morley

one2dmax said:
Bolt on any aftermarket header and leave the jetting alone. If you want to maximize the power you would go with a jet kit like mine or stage seven though the bike will run great as is.

Sean, seriously? Re-jetting is optional after swapping out the exhaust for one of the aftermarket setups? I thought it was basically mandatory after dropping the backpressure...

Thanks.

For real. It'll run just fine. It may be a little rich and you get put smaller mains in but you won't feel it by seat of the pants.

If you want, PM me with your email and I'll send you a pic of my Holeshots (black) with a good sound clip....I think you will really like them.

Some out there have bad blood with Dale, but he's been nothing but excellent to me and his customer service has been outstanding.

Mark's and UFO are good too from what I've researched before buying mine last year.

Trent

trent7276 said:
If you want, PM me with your email and I'll send you a pic of my Holeshots (black) with a good sound clip....I think you will really like them.

Some out there have bad blood with Dale, but he's been nothing but excellent to me and his customer service has been outstanding.

Mark's and UFO are good too from what I've researched before buying mine last year.

Trent

I've spoken to Dale several times on the phone over the last couple of years and he is an extremely, geniunely nice guy that is willing to share info without talking down to you like a couple of other Vmax specific vendors out there.
It's unfortunate that he doesn't deal with Max's more extensively as for as accesories go etc 'cause I really like dealing with him...

His website has a pretty good soundclip also.

Last edited:
Have decided to get Dale Walkers Hole Shot 4 to 2 exhaust! Can this be put on the bike without carb kits?:ummm:

Re: Dale Walkers Hole shot 4 to 2

I'm sure you'll get it quicker than the HMF system this time of year :damn angry:

I'm going on 8 weeks waiting on mine, and all the vendor can tell me is they're having a problem with backup at the ceramic coating company doing the HMF's :whistlin:

:cheers:

Neil

Sure can! I have heard a lot of people say that Dales Stage 1 is worthless but I have it and my bike runs like a top!:thumbs up:

Check out my 4 into 2 from Dale!

Only one like it...:coolgleamA:

The last one is how it looks now!

Attachments

• 100_2149 #2.jpg
    100_2149 #2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_2147#4.jpg
    100_2147#4.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_2139 #3.jpg
    100_2139 #3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_2342.jpg
    100_2342.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 105

I'm sure you'll get it quicker than the HMF system this time of year :damn angry:

I'm going on 8 weeks waiting on mine, and all the vendor can tell me is they're having a problem with backup at the ceramic coating company doing the HMF's :whistlin:

Neil

I'm in the same boat, pal...

Talked to Dale ordered it from his wife and had it in 1 week! :whistlin:

Rub it in 4G...Rub it in :rofl_200:

Neil

His stuff is the ONLY stuff I have gotten for the Vmax in a timely manner... Well except the wheels from Wild Bros. Only the front still doesn't fit right...:bang head: Back again to the Mfg...:bang head: :bang head:

By the way! Ghost is from Philly...

Back