Diavel Vs. Vmax: First 1/4 mile Race on Video!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I know musclecars, my first car was a 69 roadrunner 440 then I had a 70 LS6 454 chevelle then went to a 70 hemi cuda. So I think I know all about musclecars and all those I had before the age of 21. And I definitely agree, there's no feeling like the rumble of a big block. those tuners may run even better times but there's no feeling in the world like pure horsepower lighting up when you push the pedal to the floor. But from the time I rode a V65 magna for the first time I was hooked. I had harleys and triumphs before the whole V4 musclebike came along. My point is I really love the Gen 2 but Ducati took dead aim at the Gen 2 market with the Diavel. Hell, they even put scoops and pipes to look like the Vmax. I will buy one of the 2 but it's just gonna depend how I like riding either one. It's just kinda like Ferrari putting out a car that costs less than a Zr1 corvette with the same performance. Which would you buy?

the gen 2 has hand adjustable preload/compression/rebound and a crap load of tech also, just no half horsepower mode or whatever.

fuel gauge, 4 trip meters i think? kph or mph selectable, air intake temperature, countdown timer with stop watch, gear indicator, coolant temp, it says time to ride and good night. you can adjust the brightness of all your gauges and even set the rpm you want the shiftlight to come on at, and even different rpms in every gear if u want, it does more than what ive wrote i just cant remember it all. YCCI YCCT EXUP 2 radiators 6 piston brakes, abs, 16 valve dohc v4!1! says it all.

ive sat on/rode a lot of bikes, and ive never felt anything close to it in the quality department, the build fit and finish are impeccable

i honestly thought the diavel was gonna be the new bad ass, but when the specs and dyno sheets came out.. i got sad :(

you just cant beat the feeling of launching a 650 pound rock out of a turn in 2nd or 3rd gear squealing the rear tire with the front wheel skimming off the ground, going from 25 mph to 120 in the SAME gear in seconds, without shifting, and the sound.... and the feel good vibes.... and the g force... and ok im going to bed now.

i guess what im trying to say is, driving a 10 second honda civic down the quarter mile doesnt feel as good as a 10 second 69 camaro. i dunno, ask sean i guess if youve never been in a muscle car maybe he'll take you

Good to know to WHO this post is directed?
Huh?

If I was writing the check and it came down to a Diavel or a New Max, I would choose the Diavel. Less expensive, a lot lighter, and I think it looks better. The Diavel may lack the brute power of the Max, but its certain to brake and handle better. Plus, Ducati didn't neuter THEIR bike with a top speed limiter.

Yea, I know musclecars, my first car was a 69 roadrunner 440 then I had a 70 LS6 454 chevelle then went to a 70 hemi cuda. So I think I know all about musclecars and all those I had before the age of 21. And I definitely agree, there's no feeling like the rumble of a big block. those tuners may run even better times but there's no feeling in the world like pure horsepower lighting up when you push the pedal to the floor. But from the time I rode a V65 magna for the first time I was hooked. I had harleys and triumphs before the whole V4 musclebike came along. My point is I really love the Gen 2 but Ducati took dead aim at the Gen 2 market with the Diavel. Hell, they even put scoops and pipes to look like the Vmax. I will buy one of the 2 but it's just gonna depend how I like riding either one. It's just kinda like Ferrari putting out a car that costs less than a Zr1 corvette with the same performance. Which would you buy?

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it

Latest posts

Back