Don't hate me...but i'm thinking about getting rid of max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad to hear you like it! It's definitely a wheelie machine. Supposed to be one of the easiest bikes to wheelie.

I lowered it and was still tippy toed lol...but i'm short. Try putting the stock seat back on. I modifed it so it sits much lower and narrower than the corbin, just might be what you're looking for.

Does NX sell the secondary fuel pump seperately? It's broken :( It pumps fine but the outlet nipple was cracked apparently.

DAM! that sucks! got your text...wonder if that got hurt during the delivery somehow in the back of the truck?

It was working fine for me a few days before...Have you hit the spray yet?

Never got to use the ntirous. Haven't filled the bottle yet. I flipped the switch to hear the pump and it sprayed everywhere. Thankfully it has a fuel shutoff valve inline so it's not leaking anymore.

Ordered a VRod headlight last night ;)

I actually might be selling it once I receive it. Bought it for $225 shipped and will sell it for the same. It comes with the headlight, bulb, and bracket. We'll see though.

Looks good! If you won't be using that backrest, post it for sale! People pay good money for those!

Looks good! If you won't be using that backrest, post it for sale! People pay good money for those!

I actually had it on for awhile but everyone was making fun of me:biglaugh:. I thought it looked good.

I bought some turtle wax black, which is a product specificall for black paint jobs and it REALLY made the bike look good. Took alot of the little scratches right out of the paint after I buffed it.

I am loving the bike so far. I race my friend on his lightly modded busa yesterday and I was right on his ass until a little over 100 which is when he started pulling hard.

Abe

I actually had it on for awhile but everyone was making fun of me:biglaugh:. I thought it looked good.

I bought some turtle wax black, which is a product specificall for black paint jobs and it REALLY made the bike look good. Took alot of the little scratches right out of the paint after I buffed it.

I am loving the bike so far. I race my friend on his lightly modded busa yesterday and I was right on his ass until a little over 100 which is when he started pulling hard.

Abe

LOL... he was obviously toying with you.

Abe

Nah... It just filled them in. TW is known for adding a TON of fillers to make you feel good when done. :damn angry:

Glad the trade out worked for you guys.

Chris

So do tell, any regrets? How are you enjoying the new ride? Will you own another Max?

LOL... he was obviously toying with you.

You'd be surprised. The way that fz1 is set up, it's a mid to low 10 second bike. Down low, I have no doubt that it kept up with a busa. Busa's don't really shine till triple digits....where it started pulling.

You'd be surprised. The way that fz1 is set up, it's a mid to low 10 second bike. Down low, I have no doubt that it kept up with a busa. Busa's don't really shine till triple digits....where it started pulling.

He has a Busa... :eusa_dance:

I've seen a stock engined SV1000S run 9.79 with an extended swingarm.

Pretty awesome numbers for a twin.

Right On Brother!

His busa is nicely modded as well. Has a 6 inch extension, headers/exhaust/intake and power slowmander. I rode his bike after and it felt just a bit faster than my FZ. If I caught him sleeping who knows what would happen...LOL!

honestly, i'm kind of considering going back to an fz1 type of bike. looking for a sport touring sort. i still love the max but am not sure. anywho, I'll go ahead and have it for sale for $4500 like Abe had. This is including the $300 vrod headlight as well.

honestly, i'm kind of considering going back to an fz1 type of bike. looking for a sport touring sort. i still love the max but am not sure. anywho, I'll go ahead and have it for sale for $4500 like Abe had. This is including the $300 vrod headlight as well.

I've got an idea, how about you swap it? HDKILA might have something available?

:rofl_200:

Regret this, you will.

Get another FZ1, or whatever. But, I'd advise you to hang onto the Max. There's some sort of virus under those scoops. :ummm:

Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love the vmax! It's the handling i miss. Living a matter of minutes from amazing canyon roads really leaves me craving a decent handling bike again!

The Triumph Rocket is a GREAT bike two-up. Ton's of power, comfortable has hell, and "unique" looks that may or may not appeal to you. You can even get the R3T touring version which comes with all the goodies.

They are also going pretty cheap now days, compared to about two years ago. Food for thought.

Back