Dragon Tail / Deal's Gap _ 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noone wants to say anything official but everyones hinting at april

no trust me, its bad. 80 miles is 5th gear non stop highway lol.

id be pulling off at 50-60 and looking for gas because itd be on the bottom bar.

my gen 1 i got to 90 miles once all interstate before the light came on full red.

the gen 2 i think ive gone 52 before light came on and at 60 it was blinking. just riding it back from town after i fill it up and its almost a quarter tank gone :(

they put on the website that it gets 27 miles per gallon and thats just... a lie. if u can get 100 miles on a fill up, you are lucky, and rolling into the gas station.. literally.. and have more self restraint than anyone i know.

i plan on rigging up an emergency gasoline bottle on it somewhere

Something is up with your bike...
I get 31 to 33 mpg on my GenII, Ride it everyday to work.
About 80 ish before the light comes on and @ 115 to 120 before I start to worry.

i wonder if my auto tuner is way rich on me. but i dont think a proper tune is gonna give me back 10-15 mpgs lol. well i guess their website may be true then. last i checked it stated 27 mpgs on it. i havent ran out of gas on it yet so i dunno what itll actually do.

i wonder if my auto tuner is way rich on me. but i dont think a proper tune is gonna give me back 10-15 mpgs lol. well i guess their website may be true then. last i checked it stated 27 mpgs on it. i haven't ran out of gas on it yet so i dunno what itll actually do.

Since I have done the resent work to my bike, my mileage has gone down to about 28 mpg! I was 32ish! Oh well. The last dyno pulls, we tested the AFR around 4 K and it showed that the bike was running @ 12 (rich) But... The price to pay for power! I'll live with it for sure!

as far as i know there's no official date. but im going down april 22-24

leaving the night of the 21st

ok, april is a nice start 22,23,24 = 3days of dragon rides , and area of some of the best roads , blue ridge parkway...! anybody else, please respond ???

The VMOA is hosting a weekend Aug 26-28th. Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort. We will have a BBQ Saturday night and store merchadise as well. Thanks.

Jim Mayes

well hell yeah Im in..Im sure alot of us Florida boys will meet up and go.

we got pushed back a couple weeks cuz my buddy sold his bike >.< so we're waiting on him to get a new one. probably early/mid may

i just so happen to live right by deals gap hopefully ill have gotten my blasted carb fixed by soon so i can think to join you guys

Iron Horse is having a wedding the weekend of 8/26 we are still on but they said they dont want us there. Check the events section on the VMOA site for updates and new location. I'll get it updated asap. Thanks

Jim Mayes

Jim have you checked with the motel at the Dragon? They fill up quick that time of year so I'm gonna go ahead make my reservations .

ok my buddy got his new gixxer last night, we have the days off and its set in STONE.

may 12-13-14-15 ill be trolling tennesee/teh dragon

Back