Drags Road trip......planning post

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
From what I gather here's where I'm at right now.

Head to Seans place in Kansas, pick up his trailer and bikes......:rocket bike:

I'd be leaving Houston Thursday morning 7-17

I can make Sean's in one day, prolly crash there and then on to Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, to Ohio as I stop and pick up others along the way; Loading bikes and gear as we go.

Going to Nebraska is contingent on Frank and/or Mark commiting to go. Otherwise straight to Illinois from Kansas.

Not sure Sean's place to Ohio can be done in 1 day if we're making multiple stops picking up other people and bikes along the way without getting in really late and feeling like crap Sunday, So better to allow plenty of time, to get there at a decent hour Saturday.

Any one going would only need to be off work Friday and Monday for the return trip dropping off people and bikes.

Getting to the drags Sometime early afternoon to evening Saturday 7-19

My truck, an '02 Chevy 2500HD crew Cab, will hold 5 comfortably, 6 if 4 in the back which would suck for them but wouldn't bother me any:biglaugh:
I've got a console in front so only two in front.....

I'm using a heavily edited PM from Sean to help plan this; hope you don't mind Sean.....

The first leg shows a 9 hours drive from my place to Sean's in Kansas. That's easily doable in a day. Plus still gives us time to get it all packed up and the trailer ready to go.

Leave from Sean's in Kansas Friday AM and head to Nebraska to pick up

Frank/Hulign
Mark Milne maybe?

Mark and Frank, Be great if y'all both decide to go if I could pick you up in one place, not sure how far away from each other y'all are. If your both simply "along the way" then maybe that wouldn't be needed.

That part would take about 4.5-5 hours so a lot of time left in that day even counting loading up the bikes.

From there to Illlinois which is another 7 hours away. Still easily doable in a long day, to pick up;

Jeff (hubeerjw - huber_j

Chris (4Gasem) maybe meet us at Jeffs??

Probably be late Friday evening getting to Jeffs

Leaving Jeff's place Saturday Morning we'd have an 8 hour drive for the rest of the journey to get to Cleveland (about 35 miles from the track).
So that would leave plenty of time that evening for hell raising.
Sean is probably gonna be hitting Cleveland around 5:00PM also

Would be doing the return trip Monday and I think we could possible have every one home by late, late monday? maybe?

Possibly it could be Tuesday, I don't really know yet. It's about 850 from the Drags to lincoln Nebraska. It might could be done in one day if we share the driving and leave early, early, Monday AM?

Sean did this mapquest we can use as a reference

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/housto...Cuyahoga+County/m::2:::0::/io:1:::::f:EN:m:/e

We can all get a couple of rooms to split the cost for Saturday evening. And I'd want whoever is riding to split gas costs; maybe even throw in a B.J. if your feeling up to it:surprise:

J/K

So, the headcount would be:

Rusty
Frank in Nebraska
Mark ? in Nebraska
Jeff in illinois
Chris ? in Illinois

If I left someone out post up, OK?

If others wanted to go they could probably take whoever has the most fuel efficient car from Jeff's place. There should still be room in the trailer for 2 more bikes.

Bikes would be:
1 - Seans 05 (to race with)
2 - Seans 85 (Two-Face bike w/1500 engine)
3 - Rusty
4 - Mark
5 - Frank
6 - Jeff
7 - Chris.

Let me know who's in so we can start planning this.

I can be emailed at [email protected] but I only check that during the week.

I don't do email at home right now but can be contacted at 713-542-6169 just about anytime.

Thanks guys,

Rusty

Meeting at Jeff's would mean going the wrong way for me. I live right on I-80. I mean RIGHT on I-80 so I would just leave here and drive East.:thumbs up: I have my own truck so loading my bike into it is easy peasy! I can make the trip by myself if I have to or I can meet up with you guys and someone could jump in with me. My truck holds a whopping 2 but it looks cool doing it! LOL:icon_rolleyes:

Jeff and I are in Iowa. I am RIGHT on the river though.

You can plan on Chris and I being in the quad cities (Davenport, IA). I know Chris and I talked about leaving a little early to get there and hang out with others a little more, but no hard plans have been made. I'm also up for riding my bike there... would be a long trip with multiple refills, but wouldn't be too bad. My number is 3I9-46I-8969 if anyone wants to get in touch with me too. I'm pretty easy going and up for almost anything... ALMOST.

I can chip in for hotels, fuel, food, beer.... I'm a 1/2 hour south of I-80, so I'm not in the most ideal location, so I would say we all try to meet up in Davenport, IA and spend the night there. I'm sure Chris can let us know where to stay. Let's keep talking and we'll get this set up.

Jeff

Last edited:
Yeah I have two bedrooms and a sofa that anyone can stay on, as well as floor space! One room has 2 beds and is good for two while the other has a Queen and while good for two people I would like to see one man on a bed at a time in my house...:whistlin:

OK Rusty, Let me know how serious this is and instead of flying down there I will ride along with you. That will fill up the truck pretty much but give you some company for more of your ride.

Sean

I'm dead serious Sean;

Don't get to take a cool road trip to many times in life, not enough for sure this is one of them.

I've blocked out Vacation and informed the Wife.

The only way I would miss this is if me or the wife croaks, and if it's her they might have to put her on ice for the week.:surprise:

Seriously, I AM SERIOUS, I'll be there Thursday afternoon/evening:eusa_dance:

I'll call you sometime soon when i get a chance.

Rusty

ok, I'll save the airfare and just make a killer road trip out of it. I am working on the "stock" bike now!

Sean Morley

OK Rusty, Let me know how serious this is and instead of flying down there I will ride along with you. That will fill up the truck pretty much but give you some company for more of your ride.

Sean

Last edited:
#1 Straight up, Rusty youz a cool ass Muther**cker!!!

#2 Who the F**k is rollin' thru Idaho to pick my ass up.............................................damn this desert.

Last edited:
#1 Straight up, Rusty youz a cool ass Muther**cker!!!

#2 Who the F**k is rollin; thru Idaho to pick my ass up.............................................damn this desert.

Shad,Can't you ride over to 4gasem's place on I80 and catch a ride from there?

What the hell happened to all the southern accent comments?:confused2:

I saw something but had to get out of the shop and didn't get to read them; now they're gone?????:bang head:

Guys, I don't have thin skin, I was flattered at being made fun of:biglaugh:

Besides that you ain't heard southern till you've heard me drunk:cheers:

Get ready

Later,

Rusty

I read it again and decided to get rid of it.Thought maybe it was offensive.I do have a hard time understanding southern talk.That e address you gave my over the phone is all f'd up.

I'm glad you guys are coming with the trailer.I just hope that you leave early enough to get their early Saturday where ever we are going to meet.

We probably need to pick a hotel now so we can get reservations.

I read it again and decided to get rid of it.Thought maybe it was offensive.I do have a hard time understanding southern talk.That e address you gave my over the phone is all f'd up.

I'm glad you guys are coming with the trailer.I just hope that you leave early enough to get their early Saturday where ever we are going to meet.

We probably need to pick a hotel now so we can get reservations.

what part of

"jaydotmukneelaaatliyundeullbuhsaelldot.cooaum"

Didn't you understand:biglaugh:

I don't care who has it, so here it is

[email protected]

Back