Drags Road trip......planning post

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to events beyond my control this is not going to be happening,

Our 9 year old niece Ryan came to live with us a year back, now that a year has passed with no contact from her worthless parents it's time to file for abandonment, take full legal custody and make it official with the state so that I can get her on my insurance, as well as remove the possibilty of her parents just showing up someday and disrupting her life once again.....Which they could do right now since we're in kind of a legal grey area as far as custody, CPS gave her to us but no Judge has ever made it official.
They done enough of that already with drugs and alchohol, fights, the police, multiple schools, a new apartment every two months, the list goes on.

In the year she's been here I've come to love as if she was my own and we are filing for custody on the basis of abandonment.

Means big bucks on a lawyer.

My 19 year old daughter is also starting college away from home this fall....

All this costs $$$$$$

I've anguished over this for the last couple of weeks trying create a way for this trip to happen without me being a selfish jerk to my family and putting myself ahead of thier needs. I'm well taken care of, and pretty much get whatever I want as long as it ain't racking up debt, which we don't do, so I can't complain on that note. It's just time right now to be a man and do the right thing.

I could do it, but I'd be running up debt and acting like a shitheel if I did.

To Sean, Jeff, and Shawn, hope y'all forgive me and not feel like I led anyone on, I'll make it up sometime, Maybe a Thunder event or something along those lines.

For Sean especially, sorry and hope I got this out there early enough to not cause problems in planning the trip on your end.

Later,

Rusty

Our 9 year old niece Ryan came to live with us a year back, now that a year has passed with no contact from her worthless parents it's time to file for abandonment, take full legal custody and make it official with the state so that I can get her on my insurance, as well as remove the possibilty of her parents just showing up someday and disrupting her life once again.....Which they could do right now since we're in kind of a legal grey area as far as custody, CPS gave her to us but no Judge has ever made it official.
They done enough of that already with drugs and alchohol, fights, the police, multiple schools, a new apartment every two months, the list goes on.

In the year she's been here I've come to love as if she was my own and we are filing for custody on the basis of abandonment.

All this costs $$$$$$

I've anguished over this for the last couple of weeks trying create a way for this trip to happen without me being a selfish jerk to my family and putting myself ahead of thier needs. I'm well taken care of, and pretty much get whatever I want as long as it ain't racking up debt, which we don't do, so I can't complain on that note. It's just time right now to be a man and do the right thing.

To Sean, Jeff, and Shawn, hope y'all forgive me and not feel like I led anyone on, I'll make it up sometime, Maybe a Thunder event or something along those lines.

For Sean especially, sorry and hope I got this out there early enough to not cause problems in planning the trip on your end.

Later,

Rusty

You the man Rusty, biology only makes you a father, not a "Dad". You have all of my respect, and best wishes.

All this costs $$$$$$

Later,

Rusty

Dude, family ALWAYS comes first, don't beat yourself up over this. Let me tell you, I think what you are doing for your niece is great. :thumbs up: It sounds like she is finally going to be a permanent part of a loving family. Full props to you and your family for doing this.

+1, you're doing the right thing. You have nothing to apologize or feel guilty for. You're a good dad.

Rusty, I'm glad you have made the decision you did. You wouldn't have had fun if you did come knowing what is going on back home. I'll be talking with Sean and we'll work everything out.... Hell, maybe he can still get a plane ticket and I'll just ride my bike and Sean can use it at the strip. I did run 108.9 mph in the 1/8th yesterday... with NOS.

I appreciate the dedication to your family, and I'm sure there will be many opportunities to meet more of us V-Maxers.

Best of luck and let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

Jeff

don't sweat it, nothing to apolgize for. You're earning every bit of respect you will ever need.

Sean

Back