Drive shaft

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
I've modded my swingarm for my project,extended it 80mm and because I decided to make a couple more I decided to allow a user to keep the original
drive shaft rather make and sell a new shaft which becomes more expensive.
So I have made these extensions, external spline as per the original shaft and spark eroded the internal to allow the original shaft to fit. In other words an adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_0206 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0206 (Large).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0209 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0209 (Large).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 88
Shoot me an email when you get a chance. This doesn't give stronger driveshafts but would let us make deeper notches for the extended arms.

Sean

I've modded my swingarm for my project,extended it 80mm and because I decided to make a couple more I decided to allow a user to keep the original
drive shaft rather make and sell a new shaft which becomes more expensive.
So I have made these extensions, external spline as per the original shaft and spark eroded the internal to allow the original shaft to fit. In other words an adapter.

My first exposure to "Spark Erosion," never even heard of it before.

Very hi-tech and impressive technology! :thumbs up:

Danny,

I think the actual machine that does this is an EDM machine... It uses solid pieces of carbon shaped the same as the splines . Then burns ever so slight amounts at a time... Very cool machines. They are used alot in the plastic injection mold making process...

Scooter

one2dmax; This doesn't give stronger driveshafts but would let us make deeper notches for the extended arms. Sean[/QUOTE said:
Sean I definatley see the advantage to getting a wider tire in the stock swingarm. But we all know the down fall would be if drag racing it would not be a good idea. But we never know until we try it...

Scooter

Latest posts

Back