Dual V-Boost...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
If it was possible, you guys think there would be any performance increase if you could somehow link the left and right sides together how the front and backs get linked?

Or would the cycles get all messed?

Not enough room in there to do something without some heavy mods i'd imagine, but just something i was thinking about...

The factory system is linked together with a crossover in the front tubes. It should work well on an aftermarket header for smoothing out the power curve.

Sean

The factory system is linked together with a crossover in the front tubes. It should work well on an aftermarket header for smoothing out the power curve.

Sean

thats on the exhaust though right?

i was thinking about on the intake. like where the vboost (when fully open) connects the front and back carbs on each side.

what if, at the same time, any given cylinder could pull from all 4 carbs, by having a butterfly valve that connects the left carbs (or intake manifolds) to the right.

wouldn't it lean it out if anything? kind of how the vboost technology leans out the mixture?

now correct me if i'm wrong, but when vboost kicks in, you are getting double (roughly) the air but not double the gas, because the volume of air going through each carb is roughly half what it should be for that RPM, which proportionally is less gas?

thats really wordy. so like say vboost is completely open at 8k rpms. each carb is then providing half the air (roughly i know its not that perfect) and half the gas. so each carb is providing the gas/air for what a single cylinder would see as 4k rpms?

i guess i don't know eithe rif the ratio of air to gas changes at certain RPMs....

damnit now i'm all sorts of confused. huh. i guess i'm basing this off, if i use tboost it leans out the mixture at like 4k rpms. but that could differ with a intake/exhaust?

Not sure... I know my dyno sheet shows a bit rich when vboost comes in.

I am by no means an expert.

possible! but i think ur even richer without vboost.... ugh i'll have to let someone who knows carbs better answer.

Garrett, you're making my brain hurt, LOL. My GUESS is that when v-boost opens it doesn't provide more air to any cylinder, it provide more MIXTURE. How does the air that is coming thru the carbs not get mixed with atomized fuel at the same ratios with or without v-boost? I would think that v-boost makes the bike a touch more rich as it allows it to draw more mixture into each cyliner. "Double" v-boost, maybe even a bit more rich. If you're going lean on the A/F ratio in V-boost range I would think it a jetting issue, not because the v-boost is making the bike lean?

As I like to say tho', what the hell do I know. It's all just guessing to me. Gotta be hard for guys like Sean and Mark to set all of us straight all the time, LOL. Thanks guys.

Garret the one problem I see with this right off the bat is Cyl #1 & #4 are actually on an intake stroke at the same time. The last 70 degrees of #1 is when #4 starts to open. Not much of an overlap but still there would be a time when 2 cylinders would be trying to draw from all 4 carbs. Not sure what that would do to the VE of the bike.

Garrett, you're making my brain hurt, LOL. My GUESS is that when v-boost opens it doesn't provide more air to any cylinder, it provide more MIXTURE. How does the air that is coming thru the carbs not get mixed with atomized fuel at the same ratios with or without v-boost? I would think that v-boost makes the bike a touch more rich as it allows it to draw more mixture into each cyliner. "Double" v-boost, maybe even a bit more rich. If you're going lean on the A/F ratio in V-boost range I would think it a jetting issue, not because the v-boost is making the bike lean?

As I like to say tho', what the hell do I know. It's all just guessing to me. Gotta be hard for guys like Sean and Mark to set all of us straight all the time, LOL. Thanks guys.

i agree it provides more mixture, that should have been the term i was using.

now i'm thoroughly confused. i give up. see what i get for thinking!?

Garret the one problem I see with this right off the bat is Cyl #1 & #4 are actually on an intake stroke at the same time. The last 70 degrees of #1 is when #4 starts to open. Not much of an overlap but still there would be a time when 2 cylinders would be trying to draw from all 4 carbs. Not sure what that would do to the VE of the bike.

thats another # i didn't know offhand, if cylinders would be fighting for mixture on their intake cycle.

I had a thought for a real performance boost, and that is, if the exhaust headers diameter could grow as the boost kicks in. Now, that would really make it breathe, right?

I had a thought for a real performance boost, and that is, if the exhaust headers diameter could grow as the boost kicks in. Now, that would really make it breathe, right?

kind of what the 2nd gen does but on the intake?

yea. thats what i meant haha. kind of like a long hose clamp right? with a little motor on the screw?

This is what the EXUP valve does to an extent

Latest posts

Back