Dyna 3000?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OT100

Reaction score
Hey now, has anyone tried a Dynatek ignition unit. Wondering if they're any good. The price is so much less than the OEM part it's very interesting. Thanks

You will have posters recommending the Ignitech unit, search and read. It's programmable.

Having had a Dyna3000 on my previous bike, I can attest that they are worth the money. The Ignitech unit is also outstanding, from what I hear, but if you do not have the desire to be programming individual curves, then the Dyna may be the best route. I will probably go with the dyna, myself, whereas I just need to adjust my curves some, but have no need to go all out with my ride.

Having had a Dyna3000 on my previous bike, I can attest that they are worth the money. The Ignitech unit is also outstanding, from what I hear, but if you do not have the desire to be programming individual curves, then the Dyna may be the best route. I will probably go with the dyna, myself, whereas I just need to adjust my curves some, but have no need to go all out with my ride.

The simplest thing to do with the ignitech is to copy a map that is already out there, and put in the program and hit the program button. Everything is set and programmed in under 30 seconds. The main way that the Ignitech shines is that with it you can also control the V-boost, how much it opens, when it opens, etc. It can also be used to control nitrous....etc....as well.

I like mine...never had any issues with it that weren't self imposed lol. If I had the money I would definitely get the Ignitech unit and COP's...but my philosophy is "if it ain't broke...".

What I'm looking for is a simple plug and play unit that will replace the original unit without the sticker shock and hard pop to the bank account that goes with the OEM part. Sounds like the Dynatek may be the answer. Does their new unit control the VBoost. I have a 2000 that I just got. It has several issues I been working on. Got it goin pretty good then lost #4. Popping in exhaust #4 carb has no effect when adjusted. Weak spark on that cylinder. I've done all the usual checks and nothing helps. Open to suggestions. I really appreciate everyones help with this. Thanks

First I'd like to Thank Malenko89 for his time. I have a 2000 Max that been a problem since I bought it a few weeks ago. Thought it just needed plugs turns out a whole lot more. What I have done.....New plugs, new VBoost and carb joints, Intake orings, repairing vacuum leaks. Cleaned cabs while off the bike. It was running good took it for a long test run before I returned it was popping through the 3-4 side of the exhaust. Found weak spark on #4 raw gas in exhaust makes a nice popping sound. Pulled the TDI tray out hoping I would find a loose or oxidized connection. Found none on coils or wires. Pulled resistors out of wires cleaned everything. Swapped #1 coil with # 4 and reassembled and cranked, no change. All resistance readings are within specs. Has new battery charging at 13.8V at 1500rpm 12.5 at coils, "may need attention" but should run @ that. Pickup reads 105 ohms. Thinking it must be the TDI module or Is there something I am missing? Thanks for helping.

The Dyna does NOT do anything with the V-Boost. You can run different curves, including the static advance, and set the rev limit. That is pretty much it with the Dyna.

dyna will give you a a fair rpm and protection from over rev. if you spend time on a dyno switching the switches you can get a little more out of your set up but not much. maybe a little better edge to do a 2nd gear wheelie without clutching the bike up. The housing of the 3000 is cheep and will crack if your not careful imo if i did it again i would not bolt it down. my bike had a great set up to move the switch's and because i bolt it down all the ears cracked. all and all plug and play for over rev protection the 3000 rocks but thats about all.

Back