Dyno'd the bike today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely one of the better forums out there. I've been able to fix a lot of stuff on my bike with the DIY instructions and people's helpful advice.
I think my plan is to open the carbs up and put in new orings, and then try and tune the bike myself and then put it on the dyno to see what kind of numbers i get. I agree, I don't want to be spending money to let a Harley guy mess with it.

Well just made an appointment today for 2/4 to Dyno both Bikes. So will be dynoing the 07 Vmax (the only change will be the carrozzeria wheels) and will dyno the 86 1260 that i bought from Dannymax. It definitely feels stronger than the 07, and so now I'm curious to see how much stronger it is.

Will definitely report back the results.....and looking to post some videos as well.

Looking forward to seeing the difference with changing the wheels on the 07 going from heavy to lighter.

Well just made an appointment today for 2/4 to Dyno both Bikes. So will be dynoing the 07 Vmax (the only change will be the carrozzeria wheels) and will dyno the 86 1260 that i bought from Dannymax. It definitely feels stronger than the 07, and so now I'm curious to see how much stronger it is.

Will definitely report back the results.....and looking to post some videos as well.

Looking forward to seeing the difference with changing the wheels on the 07 going from heavy to lighter.

You am one lucky bastidge

Well got the 86 PCW 1260 dynod today, which was the main thing that I wanted. From what i was told, the bike had never been dynod.....so like most people was curious as to what it would do.

Would you believe 132 hp 82 tq? I think thats pretty good. Ive talked to John Ganney before, and he said that it would make between 130 and 135.....so he is right on the money.

I had just put the 07 on the dyno, and the dyno computer took a nose dive......so didnt get that info.....so I will leave that till another day.

All in all.....a great day. Conner K came down from OKC to help me dyno the bikes.

I recorded the entire session. This is not the usual dyno operator that I usually use. This guy was starting the runs at 2000, and the Vmax didnt like it a lot, but really didnt buck as much as I figured. The runs were up to 10K, and as usual, you dyno a Vmax until the HP starts falling off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkDf-zu8lkI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• Dyno run 02.04.17 86 1260.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 19
Nice Trauma. When Danny had that bike up for sale a while ago, I was eye balling it. Nice numbers:punk:

She didn't buck hardly at all with the 2K launch but it did appear to cause it to load up a bit.....that was totally gone in the final run tho.

Those are great numbers Eric....congrats!

Man, I could listen to that bike all day long! No wonder heads would turn when we went grumbling by! :punk:

Is this running the Morley or stage seven? With or without the boost valves? Jealous also I need to get both on a dyno after I fine tune them... looking forward to stuff this spring....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very NICE! I like the numbers too!
I love the sound of a Kerker which looks to be the comp baffle, which is what I would of bought but I really like the balanced look of dual mufflers.

Great numbers great sound. Have fun with that one Eric.
clapping.gif

Those are some very respectable numbers Eric. That is one sweet machine. I'd be interested in how the 2007 does in comparison. 1260 is a nice upgrade.
Steve-o

She didn't buck hardly at all with the 2K launch but it did appear to cause it to load up a bit.....that was totally gone in the final run tho.

Those are great numbers Eric....congrats!

Man, I could listen to that bike all day long! No wonder heads would turn when we went grumbling by! :punk:

Well I also had the bike idling quite a bit that morning and the night before, checking everything out, plus getting it warmed up.

Thanks Danny.

It does sound amazing.

Is this running the Morley or stage seven? With or without the boost valves? Jealous also I need to get both on a dyno after I fine tune them... looking forward to stuff this spring....

That one is stage 7 with v-boost.

Definitely post things up when you do it.

Those are some very respectable numbers Eric. That is one sweet machine. I'd be interested in how the 2007 does in comparison. 1260 is a nice upgrade.
Steve-o

Yeah, I was wanting to get the 07 done as well.....but sometimes things happen....it is in the future though. I havent changed ANYTHING since the last runs, so looking forward to the comparison.

Ssssuhweeeet!!

Thanks Bob.

I dont know what happen to the pdf on the run.....so re-uploaded it again....and lets see.

Attachments

• Dyno run 02.04.17 86 1260.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 18
Great numbers great sound. Have fun with that one Eric.
clapping.gif

Thanks

Very NICE! I like the numbers too!
I love the sound of a Kerker which looks to be the comp baffle, which is what I would of bought but I really like the balanced look of dual mufflers.

I understand....wanted dual mufflers as well.......but my GF REALLY talked me into the kerker 4-1. It was a great thing that she did.

Yeah, I was wanting to get the 07 done as well.....but sometimes things happen....it is in the future though. I havent changed ANYTHING since the last runs, so looking forward to the comparison.

Thanks Bob.

I dont know what happen to the pdf on the run.....so re-uploaded it again....and lets see.

The torque is not very much of a curve at all, flat for a good part of the range with only a little dip in the transition to the mains. 60 ft/ lbs at 2500 R's...saWEET!

What would the difference be if corrected to SAE instead of STD?

Back