Dyno'd the bike today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a trips to Sean's this weekend, we installed the TCI unit on my Max and he emailed me your newest curves for regular and premium gas.

Haven't programmed it yet, but wanted to stop by and say thanks for all of the hard work you put into it!

Your very welcome. Please post how they turn out for you.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

First of all, I want to thank ConnerK for taking and posting this video. This is when we met together in OKC at a dyno night at Hooters, and my phone was running low on juice, so he took the video for me.

I was surprised at the loudness of the bike. Its a kerker 4-1 with 2.5 competition muffler. The operator is getting on it between 2500-3000 and just going WO. No stumbles at all.....so I was happy. 119.6 hp.

Turn up the volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIpfPeo8Sw&feature=youtu.be

Nice Eric! The sweet, sweet song of the Vmax and Kerker comp baffle!:punk:
I fell in love with that combo while riding next to Zak on the Taconic!

Yeah!! That sounds great Eric!! :clapping:

For sure BB, Zak's bike had that sweet, sweet sound....Rovic's too! The good civilians in downtown Chatham were pretty impressed....you could tell! Especially the guy who froze with his coffee cup halfway up until all the VMaxs had gone by!:rofl_200:

First of all, I want to thank ConnerK for taking and posting this video. This is when we met together in OKC at a dyno night at Hooters, and my phone was running low on juice, so he took the video for me.

I was surprised at the loudness of the bike. Its a kerker 4-1 with 2.5 competition muffler. The operator is getting on it between 2500-3000 and just going WO. No stumbles at all.....so I was happy. 119.6 hp.

Turn up the volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIpfPeo8Sw&feature=youtu.be

Those are some very respectable numbers, thanks for sharing.
Steve

Those are some very respectable numbers, thanks for sharing.
Steve

Thanks! Yep, decent inspite of the heavy wheel. The next experiment that I want to do, is to set all of the valves how I want (yep, still havent gotten to that yet....work has been killer this year) and see what happens.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Actually it is the current GF that first recommended the kerker 4-1. She said that I would love the sound. Originally I pushed back a bit, because I wanted symmetry. She was right.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Actually it is the current GF that first recommended the kerker 4-1. She said that I would love the sound. Originally I pushed back a bit, because I wanted symmetry. She was right.

You will love it

I know Its hard and im sure I speak for everyone, and out of love and respect when I extend my deepest sympathy to your difficult situation where you are having to seek permission regarding expensive accessory purchases for your bike. Nevermind that your seeking permission NOT to buy a 4-1 Kerker. Aside from that small detail it must be distressing to have to live like that. :clapping:

Noob dyno question - Your AF ratio is going to be an average over the 4 cylinders because they can only put 1 probe in the end of the 4-1 exhaust, correct? I've never dyno'd anything, but I'd like to dyno the max once I get the carbs rebuilt and tuned. There is only 1 dyno shop near me and he mostly does fuel injection tweaks on Harley's. He said he can do my bike, but certainly didn't sound familiar with tuning an older bike.

Noob dyno question - Your AF ratio is going to be an average over the 4 cylinders because they can only put 1 probe in the end of the 4-1 exhaust, correct? I've never dyno'd anything, but I'd like to dyno the max once I get the carbs rebuilt and tuned. There is only 1 dyno shop near me and he mostly does fuel injection tweaks on Harley's. He said he can do my bike, but certainly didn't sound familiar with tuning an older bike.

Yes, it depends on where the probe goes, as to what it is reading. If you look at the video, there is basically just a copper probe crammed into the exhaust. The place that I usually dyno at, I will just unscrew the cap to the plug, and screw the O2 sensor directly into the exhaust.

I actually have an O2 sensor bung welded into the exhaust underneath the bike.

I use this for tuning for driveability, and I like it because it has recording capabilities. (They are cheaper on ebay). http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php

Now.....if you want to be specific, you can use something like this, http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16326&cat=250&page=2

and put them into EVERY pipe, and that way you will see exactly what each cylinder is doing, but unless you have something really wrong, there shouldnt be that much of a difference between cylinders anyways. With a jet ket and exhaust you can get 120+ hp, without having to tune each cylinder. Now if you want to, please do, and please post your results.

Hope that this explains everything.

That's all I'd need to know. Get a dyno reading, but I suggest you not let him educate himself on your bike. I've got a dyno guy near me that wanted to screw with my carbs. He'll touch them when pigs learn to fly. $350 the comedian wanted.
You would be served better from a plug read. Find someone close that is Vmax experienced or at least Asian bike experienced. Lots of guys on the forum help others out. And welcome.
Steve-o

That's all I'd need to know. Get a dyno reading, but I suggest you not let him educate himself on your bike. I've got a dyno guy near me that wanted to screw with my carbs. He'll touch them when pigs learn to fly. $350 the comedian wanted.
You would be served better from a plug read. Find someone close that is Vmax experienced or at least Asian bike experienced. Lots of guys on the forum help others out. And welcome.
Steve-o

+1. He doesnt need to touch the carbs, your better off tuning them yourself. This forum can teach you everything that you need to know on how to tune the carbs.

Back