Easiest way to put it on the center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same way I do it....with one exception....I do not roll it off the centerstand when I'm standing beside the bike! I sit on the seat and rock it forward.

If that Goldwing comes down just a hair off balance to the right....it's going down! And there won't be a damn thing he will be able to do to stop it....probly end up falling on top of it!

Okay, I tried it a bunch. I can't seem to figure it out. What a pisser! I was hopeful too. I like not having to ask a buddy to help me throw that bitch up!

I?m kinda relieved to see that so many fellow riders have the same problem that I?ve been very embarrassed with. In my garage I do so that I place a short piece of a plank, 1 inch thick, behind the rear wheel. Then I roll the bike backwards to lift rear wheel on it and then it?s easy to get the bike on a center stand but can?t ride that stupid plank in my pocket...! I weight about 240lbs so it?s not the question of beeing too little mass at the other end of the of the lever arm. I?d be very happy to see some Japanese engineer giving a good demonstration how to do it without getting embarrassed... :hmmm:

Left hand on left handle bar grip
Right hand under the side of the grab rail
Right foot on the center stand

Push the centerstand down to the floor with your right foot. Put ALL your weight on your right foot which is on the centerstand. You will literally be standing on it. The bike will balance on the two "feet" of the center stand. Push down on the right foot. Pull up with the right hand. Pops onto the stand with NO problem like this. My forks and shocks are both lowered.

Left hand on left handle bar grip
Right hand under the side of the grab rail
Right foot on the center stand

Push the centerstand down to the floor with your right foot. Put ALL your weight on your right foot which is on the centerstand. You will literally be standing on it. The bike will balance on the two "feet" of the center stand. Push down on the right foot. Pull up with the right hand. Pops onto the stand with NO problem like this. My forks and shocks are both lowered.

+1. its more about pushing down then pulling up.

i stand on the left hand side, left hand on left/bar grip.
right foot on main stand to push it to the ground.
grab left hand side riders foot peg.
and pull backwards.......easy

i put my right foot on the center stand...pushing it to the ground [standing on the left handside of the bike]
left hand on the left hand bar grip.
grab the left hand riders foot peg
and pull backwards........easy

I feel its more about attitude. If you walk up to your max and put the center stand down to the ground put your left hand on left grip and right hand on the grab bar or sissy bar mount down along side of your seat. It has a shape to it that allow's you and your rider to have a grip. At this point you want to slightly shift the bike away from you and back to you so you can feel both center stand feet touch the ground at the same time (vary impotant). Now puff your chest out and all at the same time pull up and a little back but more up with your right hand. And push down but more to hold the center stand in place so it stay's level on both feet and dont move so the bike can pivot back and up onto the center stand. At the same time use your left hand to help balance the bike on both center stand feet and kinda pull back. Keep in mind this all must be a pivot motion togather. Its alot to think about all at the same time but if you stand next to your bike and go through the motion's without actully doing it you will get it down. Also you might want to turn your handle bar all the way to the left. Another thing you can do is load the dishwasher in front of your wife while she is watching you and after she pisses you off about how you are helping out go out to the the bike and throw it up on it's center stand. You will feel like king kong. LOL. It has alot to do with attude and pivot. not so much to do with how hard you push your foot down or pull back. After you go through the step's and you have them down (both feet on center stand touching for sure) grabb that bitch and throw (pivot) it up on to the center stand.

haha my issue is getting it off the center stand. especially if i'm facing uphill! damn my 29" inseam!

You pick your parking spot. Im just saying.

Ive never even given it much thought about the center stand. I just get off to left place foot on the stand and push down while holding the left grip and grab rail. Course i also pick my sons 125 dirtbike up and place it in the truck when he goes dirtbiking and i dont have a ramp... Im 6'2" 235 lbs. However i did notice that its harder to do with sneakers on the center stand than with my riding boots on.

Us newfies... We strong lads lol....

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Sit on the pillion, 1st gear, jump down and let go of the clutch. You'll also get a nice wheelie! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

oh yea that sounds good. haha especially 5' from the house!

Try it with slippers on. Im the same size as you and o do it all the time. It only hurts a little and o always have slippers on because my wife makes me take shoes of in the house.

Kewl... My bike is in garage so i have to wear something else out there lol... We never wear shoes in house tho... Northern thing im sure cause when i lived in florida i found everyone wore their shoes imdoors... Freaked me.out a little.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Nah when I lived in FL the shoes stayed be the door! Inside yes (no creepy crawlies in them) but off all the same. Then again, I'm French. lol

Some previous owner took the CS off to shed pounds so they can break the 20 sec barrier in the 1/4 mi. ....lol

I put it on the sidestand, unless I'm working on it then I put the centerstand on and then w/ R foot I stand on the CS arm while pulling up with R arm while guiding handlebar with L hand. It's a quick motion but is a little harder than stock due my front end is lowered 2".
I always wear my shoes in the house, unless I'm in for the night then on go the slippers.

Well i have a little block of wood drive up on easy as pie to put on center stand .

I do the block of wood also especially when I put it on the lift table. 3/4 of an inch makes a lot of difference.<O:p</O:p

Back