Eastern NY/ Western N.E

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kyle, am I gonna have to show that shortcut to Danny's again? I'll have to check with Chris to be sure, but I think it goes like this: Get on the freeway, set speedometer at about 90 mph and don't slow down until somebody needs gas or makes a wrong turn and has to cut across 3 lanes of crowded toll booth traffic at about 45 mph!.
See easy, peasy!:biglaugh:

Who would do such a thing? :ummm: :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: :biglaugh:

LOL!!!!

You guys crack me up......

Danny....that's the planned route for myself and the Canadian/Michigander contingent if all goes as planned:ummm:

Believe it or not Kyle but, if you come through Tupper Lk, Indian Lk. to Warrensburg Rochester's 10 miles farther away from BRC than you are.

LOL!!!!

You guys crack me up......

Danny....that's the planned route for myself and the Canadian/Michigander contingent if all goes as planned:ummm:
Sweet, I like that route Kyle! Let's pray for no snow. I will be prepared for the cold already!
If Ryan is at Schroon lake we may see if he want's to tag along as well.

Who would do such a thing? :ummm: :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: :biglaugh:
Well, I think you got a call shortly after the unmentioned person lead Kyle and myself across the 3 lanes to the side of the road just before the toll booths on 90E at the 87 interchange.
I think Kyle smoked 3 cigarettes while we were talking to you trying to figure out what to do!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well, I think you got a call shortly after the unmentioned person lead Kyle and myself across the 3 lanes to the side of the road just before the toll booths on 90E at the 87 interchange.
I think Kyle smoked 3 cigarettes while we were talking to you trying to figure out what to do!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Oh yes....I remember it like it was only a year ago!! :rofl_200:

That route from Massena right thru to Warrensburg is a really nice run...I'd love to be on that one with you guys! :punk:

I was screaming in my helmet like a girl the whole time!!!!!:biglaugh:

Hey Kyle, am I gonna have to show that shortcut to Danny's again? I'll have to check with Chris to be sure, but I think it goes like this: Get on the freeway, set speedometer at about 90 mph and don't slow down until somebody needs gas or makes a wrong turn and has to cut across 3 lanes of crowded toll booth traffic at about 45 mph!.
See easy, peasy!:biglaugh:

You must get real used to that in the UP...I recently drove from Potsdam to Houghton and couldn't believe how flat and straight the main roads in the U.P were....if I lived there, I'd so have a 'busa or S1000.....

Still, I've gotten to know I87 well enough from commuting between Troy and Schroon Lake I know where all the cop hideouts are, where every "no u-turn" crossover is and how far between them, I can be doing WFO in some sections, then down to the "cautious" 75mph cruise, then back to WFO. I've gotten from Schroon to Troy (88.5mi) in under an hour before, which includes about 6 miles of city traffic in Troy.

Yep...Potsdam to Tupper to Indian to Warrensburg to cap. district is a nice run....there's some good twisty bits around Blue Mountain Lake, but the section between Indian and Blue Mtn is also a hotspot for troopers, I don't think I've ever gone through there and not seen at least one.

Probably fairly likely I'll be in Schroon, so as it gets closer I'll see if I could meet the gang in Warrensburg...a quick 15 minute jaunt, since past w-burg you can really fly on the highway...100+ for minutes at a time.

It's also a pretty nice ride down 9 from the capital region to Dan's place....skipping the thruway saves you money and gives you a better ride, with easier access to the Taconic Motor Speedway. Too bad I didn't know where the hell I was going, completely missed Dan's house, and ran into the BRers by chance at the gas station after riding around for like an hour....remember the first person I saw was Tim all dressed up standing there with his helmet on and visor down and thinking, wow, that's one scary looking dude.

You must get real used to that in the UP...I recently drove from Potsdam to Houghton and couldn't believe how flat and straight the main roads in the U.P were....if I lived there, I'd so have a 'busa or S1000.....

Still, I've gotten to know I87 well enough from commuting between Troy and Schroon Lake I know where all the cop hideouts are, where every "no u-turn" crossover is and how far between them, I can be doing WFO in some sections, then down to the "cautious" 75mph cruise, then back to WFO. I've gotten from Schroon to Troy (88.5mi) in under an hour before, which includes about 6 miles of city traffic in Troy.

Yep...Potsdam to Tupper to Indian to Warrensburg to cap. district is a nice run....there's some good twisty bits around Blue Mountain Lake, but the section between Indian and Blue Mtn is also a hotspot for troopers, I don't think I've ever gone through there and not seen at least one.

Probably fairly likely I'll be in Schroon, so as it gets closer I'll see if I could meet the gang in Warrensburg...a quick 15 minute jaunt, since past w-burg you can really fly on the highway...100+ for minutes at a time.

It's also a pretty nice ride down 9 from the capital region to Dan's place....skipping the thruway saves you money and gives you a better ride, with easier access to the Taconic Motor Speedway. Too bad I didn't know where the hell I was going, completely missed Dan's house, and ran into the BRers by chance at the gas station after riding around for like an hour....remember the first person I saw was Tim all dressed up standing there with his helmet on and visor down and thinking, wow, that's one scary looking dude.

And a new label is created!! :clapping::punk::clapping:

The TMS....I love it!! :thumbs up:

Yeah, that was a stroke of luck Ryan, running into the 'other 49' of us at the gas stop! My address is Ghent but it's just the mailing district we're in....physically the house is miles away.

"One scary dude"!! And then, after you got to know him.....you realized you had actually underestimated him!!

Turns out he's Fuckin' Scary!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The main roads here in the U.P. are pretty straight as I have lamented from time to time. On the other hand I don't have any traffic to deal with, there are no 3 lane roads(one side) at all! There is plenty of beautiful roads following along the Great Lakes but not many of them are what you would call twisty. What in the heck made you go to Houghton? Something to do with Michigan Tech?
Yeah, if your looking for Danny's house in Ghent you're gonna have no luck! I have a good memory for directions and will have no trouble finding the way back if need be. Although Tugla, if he hooks up with us on the ride in, should know the way pretty good too since he's been there a couple times.
I thought it was pretty sweet that while we were sitting there at the station in Chatham and hear a Vmax coming from the opposite direction we just came from. Then, lo and behold it's Ryan! I couldn't believe he found us!:punk:

The main roads here in the U.P. are pretty straight as I have lamented from time to time. On the other hand I don't have any traffic to deal with, there are no 3 lane roads(one side) at all! There is plenty of beautiful roads following along the Great Lakes but not many of them are what you would call twisty. What in the heck made you go to Houghton? Something to do with Michigan Tech?
Yeah, if your looking for Danny's house in Ghent you're gonna have no luck! I have a good memory for directions and will have no trouble finding the way back if need be. Although Tugla, if he hooks up with us on the ride in, should know the way pretty good too since he's been there a couple times.
I thought it was pretty sweet that while we were sitting there at the station in Chatham and hear a Vmax coming from the opposite direction we just came from. Then, lo and behold it's Ryan! I couldn't believe he found us!:punk:

well think i remember the secrete code to unlock the gate to the path to BRC, they keep it pretty well a guarded secrete, and with dudes these days with spikes on their head, right fully so :rofl_200:

brian im hoping to make the ride. gonna look again on past post to see the route you all are planning on to make " the break thru the boarder" run. but once close to BRC think i can use my sense of smell to home in on to find Brownie Central, he dan-o a good burn out will also help me track directly to in hahahah

well think i remember the secrete code to unlock the gate to the path to BRC, they keep it pretty well a guarded secrete, and with dudes these days with spikes on their head, right fully so :rofl_200:

brian im hoping to make the ride. gonna look again on past post to see the route you all are planning on to make " the break thru the boarder" run. but once close to BRC think i can use my sense of smell to home in on to find Brownie Central, he dan-o a good burn out will also help me track directly to in hahahah

:rofl_200: Why not!! The helicoptors will all be busy tracking COPRUNNER & his crew up the TMS!! A little puff of 'Metzler smoke' shouldn't attract any attention at all!! :rofl_200:

I think we are going to spend Thursday night in Ogdensburg, NY, then Friday hook up with Kyle and head over towards the Schroon Lake area to meet up with Ryan. I don't think we should be pushed for time so I'd rather not super slab it if there's a more interesting way to get to Danny's as Ryan suggested.
I have secret hand signals to get us past the well hidden guard towers so we'll be good for passing the security checks . Then with the mixed aroma of brownies/ metzler smoke we could probably close our eyes and ride right up to BRC!:worthy:

I think we are going to spend Thursday night in Ogdensburg, NY, then Friday hook up with Kyle and head over towards the Schroon Lake area to meet up with Ryan. I don't think we should be pushed for time so I'd rather not super slab it if there's a more interesting way to get to Danny's as Ryan suggested.
I have secret hand signals to get us past the well hidden guard towers so we'll be good for passing the security checks . Then with the mixed aroma of brownies/ metzler smoke we could probably close our eyes and ride right up to BRC!:worthy:

The disarm button Brian.....don't forget to push the disarm button!!! :punk:

saturday might turn around a bit, anyone possibly up for a springfield jaunt? i'm 50/50 at this point, with the good 50 dependent on weather.

:punk::punk:

head down towards tupper lake then schroon lake, then 87 or stick to side roads eh? sounds like a good ride for sure.
your coming in from canadian side eh when you head to odgensburg, with a few more bikes eh? are you headed back that way also for break up in ontario?

:punk::punk:

head down towards tupper lake then schroon lake, then 87 or stick to side roads eh? sounds like a good ride for sure.
your coming in from canadian side eh when you head to odgensburg, with a few more bikes eh? are you headed back that way also for break up in ontario?
**I'm thinking out loud here Jim, Trevor, and Mike so please pipe up if there is a better way to do this/ place to meet/ etc. I'm trying to stay off of I-90 in NY as it's way boring and I went that way last year!**
Jim and Trevor will coming from the Tdot area and Mike and I will be coming down 17 from the north to make it to Ogdensburg or Prescott to meet up Thursday night.
I believe we will be headed back early Sunday as I'm sure The Canadian contingent will need to get back home to work on Monday. I have it off since it's a U.S. holiday but I'm not going to abandon Mike to ride back home to Sudbury alone. Kyle, Jim and Trevor will probably join us for part of our ride.

Latest posts

Back