Ebay Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
This ever happen to you? I recieved the following message from eBay. I went onto My eBay account and there is no record of me buying the item. The item cannot be found on ebay, but my money is gone from PayPal. I'm curious if anything similar has happened to you and how did it work out for you? I'm not sure if I should go to paypal and ebay and file disputes immediately or if I should just wait to see if the item comes. I contacted the seller about the issue and asked a bunch of questions. We will see what he has to say.

Thanks for your interest in this listing:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

While the vast majority of trade on our site is legitimate, we take many steps to protect our buyers from sellers who may offer items that are not authentic. One of them is to remove items reported to us as allegedly infringing through eBay's VeRO program. In this case, we removed the listing because the owner of a copyright and/or trademark in this product has reported to us that they believe the item may not be authentic.

We hope you'll understand that this action is intended to help protect you as a buyer.

Learn more about how we're working to prevent the sale of counterfeit items:
http://pages.ebay.com/againstcounterfeits/

We apologize for any inconvenience. eBay still has lots of other great deals. Just go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Important: If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, you should not complete the transaction. If you've already paid for the item, you may be able to recover your purchase price plus original shipping costs through the eBay resolution process:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

Important: If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, you don't need to complete the transaction. If you've already paid for the item, we encourage you to contact the seller to get more information about the transaction. If you don't receive the item, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by the eBay resolution process:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

We're sorry for the inconvenience. eBay still has lots of other great deals. Just go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thank you,

That doesn't sound too good Mike....like, ebay removed the listing for whatever reason and if you already paid for it...well, that's too bad, but we got lots of other good shit for you to buy!!

Is that right?

I should have looked into a bit more. I'm not well versed in eBay. I've never researched a seller or anything, I just buy it if I want it. Looking at this guys profile and feedback scared me. He's from Honk Kong, all his feedback is from people in Hong Kong, the same names appear multiple times in his feedback for the same items. His name appears multiple times in many of the buyers feedback. They all have very limited transactions (25 or less). :bang head: Shoulda done some research here.

I figured I had better just get on with it and file a dispute. I did it thru paypal. We will see what happens. I escalated the claim since one of the options were " I have proof the the seller may be fradulent" or something like that.

mike, did you 'buy' the item? like did u click to buy it or did this transaction appear out of no where?

that sucks, hopefully it wasn't a lot of money. As a future reference, never buy directly from Hong Kong, Tailand, S. Africa, ..... too many scammers

Go to your paypal account and go to the transaction history. If you said the money is gone, there will be a record of it, since eBay and paypal are totally linked to each other. There's an option to file a dispute for item not received or something. Press that and it will start a claim. You can file an "item not received" dispute through ebay also, but when the seller inevitably doesn't respond, ebay just does the same thing. Paypal will attempt to contact the seller, and unless they can prove you received the item(a delivery confirmation or something), you get a refund.

Don't buy from China sellers. In ebay's advanced search you can filter by country to not include any foreign sellers. Shipping always takes forever, and most likely the item you get is a pile of shit.

I've been using ebay for years and never had an issue. One person tried to pull a nigerian scam once after pressing buy it now on my item....said he would send a massive over-payment($5k for a $200 item), I could keep a grand for myself, then mail the difference back. Do people actually fall for this crap?

good thing is paypal will cover as long as seller cannot provide proof of delivery. if he can, then you'll never see the money again. i've been using ebay for 8 years and learned alot of things, some the hard way(dont EVER make side deals being one of them-$1800 lost). also got extremely lucky with my step daughters paypal account, someone tried to withdraw $5000.00 on 3 separate occasions-we found out when the bank sent the insufficeint funds notifications to us! she was only 17 at that point. at that time, had it been my account, they would have been successful at least twice!! if i buy an item now i notify the seller that it will take 3 days to transfer the funds to paypal from my account, then i only transfer the required amount. my balance is ALWAYS close to 0. i usually try to contact the seller prior to bidding just so i can feel them out as well, and check their feedback and wether or not they have changed their screennames to hide past bad accounts. i'd say dont sweat it but be careful next time. tis when you get comfortable that you get burned!

later odieoh24

Go to your paypal account and go to the transaction history. If you said the money is gone, there will be a record of it, since eBay and paypal are totally linked to each other. There's an option to file a dispute for item not received or something. Press that and it will start a claim. You can file an "item not received" dispute through ebay also, but when the seller inevitably doesn't respond, ebay just does the same thing. Paypal will attempt to contact the seller, and unless they can prove you received the item(a delivery confirmation or something), you get a refund.

Don't buy from China sellers. In ebay's advanced search you can filter by country to not include any foreign sellers. Shipping always takes forever, and most likely the item you get is a pile of shit.

I've been using ebay for years and never had an issue. One person tried to pull a nigerian scam once after pressing buy it now on my item....said he would send a massive over-payment($5k for a $200 item), I could keep a grand for myself, then mail the difference back. Do people actually fall for this crap?

when i was selling the first set of R1 forks i had on the bike i saw the nigerian first hand. guy sent me 6 western union money orders totalling a little over $6000 for a $200 set of forks. i took them to the bank and they gave them to their fraud office. the word from them was they were bogus, but pretty damn close to perfect! they also said they were starting to see counterfiet US postal money orders of the same quality. shortly afterwards the post office changed their money orders to ones with security features like regular currency. do your research people, once a transaction takes place outside the united states-its almost impossible to recover the money.

cheers odieoh24

UPDATE:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.
We were able to recover $xx.xx USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

:punk:

UPDATE:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.
We were able to recover $xx.xx USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

:punk:

Way to go Mike, looks like you got your coin back! :punk:

I have been ebaying since 98. Had eBay refund two bad Vmax parts deals. I never buy or sell outside USA. Try to get a phone number and talk at least once before paying a big purchase. Twenty bucks I wouldn't bother. Always use Paypal if possible. Check feedback always.

Yeah been using ebay for 10+ years and never had a problem. Matter of fact just bought my 2001 Vmax last month on there and got a great deal. Always check their feed back and talk if big money involved. Glad to know if something ever does go wrong they wiil try to fix it:clapping:

Whenever buying a vehicle or other big-ticket item with paperwork involved, you should always talk to the seller. If they don't provide a phone number, ask. If they don't give it to you, move on. If possible, look at the vehicle before bidding. Almost always the seller will allow you to come inspect the vehicle before bidding, if they don't that's a big red flag. If it's too far away to preview, ask a million questions and don't be afraid to request pictures of specific parts or areas. The seller of my Vmax gladly sent me additional pictures and we talked on the phone several times.

When i first started buying off ebay i bought and never received an item. I thought I erased the thing but it might have been taken down. So i lost out on a few bucks from some prick in Hong Knog. I wont buy anything from there now.:bang head:

On a better note. I found and bought a new factory frame, unriden, for way cheaper than any other frame on there. The big saver is the shipping. Im having the guy put it on the Greyhound. They do shipping too. Now I cross my fingers and hope it doesnt get transferred to much.:eusa_dance::clapping:

I've bought and sold many items on Ebay. The only time I had a problem with Ebay was, when I bought my first set of slip-on mufflers for my Vmax. The seller didn't have them in stock as listed. So, I waited for 6 weeks for the seller to send them my way. I had to put in a claim to PayPal, and the seller was force to give me a refund.

I've bought and sold many items on Ebay. The only time I had a problem with Ebay was, when I bought my first set of slip-on mufflers for my Vmax. The seller didn't have them in stock as listed. So, I waited for 6 weeks for the seller to send them my way. I had to put in a claim to PayPal, and the seller was force to give me a refund.

Man......I HATE your avatar:damn angry:

Man......I HATE your avatar:damn angry:

Ain' she purdy. I should make my her picture bigger, so she can spread the wealth of her beauty. Just make sure you eat first before checking my hotty out. She tends to have the power over peoples involuntary muscles, especially in the stomach.:worthy:

Latest posts

Back