Eureka Springs AR. VMOA Rally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin and his girl, plus myself and mine. Already got the reservations. I won't be there until later Friday.

Sean

I'm headed to Eureka tomorrow morning for a ZRXOA rally.

I can remember a few ZRX rallies at the Swiss Holiday where the V-Max rally was there at the same time. Those were FUN!

Lots of trash talking and bullshitting going on.

In fact, I had never really seen a V-Max up close and personal until you guys were there. That's when I decided I was gonna have one.

I'm dreaming of HWY 123 and Push Mountain road already!

:punk:

Yes, broke my driveshaft there right in front of the ZRX guys one year. Grabbed my spare and on the road thirty minutes later much to their shock it could be done so fast.

Sean

I'm dreaming of HWY 123 and Push Mountain road already!

Two excellent choices sir!
Upper 123 lets you know what's in store with a few signs.
"Danger, Impassable hairpin turns ahead"
Push Mtn. is no slacker, but I like 123 better than 341.

Have fun this weekend, I'm planning on making the Vmax rally, but would love to see a bunch of Zrex's together.

LOL, not very far anyway. Just enough to slide the diff back and retrieve the broken chuck back out (that's the trick sometimes).

Sean

So, Sean, just what were you doing at the time to break the driveshaft in front of the ZRXers? :ummm: :confused2:

:biglaugh:

Um, melting a tire? Actually, it was supposed to be a quicky since we had dinner plans downtown. I think video is posted on the ZRX owners board somewhere. If you've got access or get with some of those guys they may be able to find it. I would love to have a copy of it again.

Sean

Yes, broke my driveshaft there right in front of the ZRX guys one year. Grabbed my spare and on the road thirty minutes later much to their shock it could be done so fast.

Sean

I was there when you did that (although I didn't know who you were)

A friend of mine was yelling "BURNOUT" and you lit into it.

A couple of gears later and boom.

We made space under the awning and a few minutes later, good as new!

Classic!

there will be 8 or 10 of us at least from the houston/dallas area.
we will have to trailer up this year as we will are gonna use more of the time in the area and not getting to and from.
We will get in later thursday night. run around some friday, maybe up thru Branson etc and back in town friday after noon.
hopefully the new hotel location works out better than in the past.
Dinner at the balcony has been awesome the last 2 years also for the sat night vmoa dinner.
just hope the weather is better than last year.
Gonna draft Sean to pick the route and lead the ride this year. He seems to know these roads and which ones are good.
see you guys there next month
Michael

Which hotel did you use before? :confused2:

Eureka Springs only has 2700 rooms in town. :biglaugh:

Which hotel did you use before? :confused2:

Eureka Springs only has 2700 rooms in town. :biglaugh:
For a few years we used the swiss alps one, and then last year we used land-o-nod, across the street from the swiss alps.
There was some comments about trying to get something that is a little more meeting friendly, other than standing around in the parking lot.
The sunday of last years rally i went to 2 other places and talked to their owners and both were real receptive on us staying at their places. The eldeweiss one seemed like it will be more to our likeing. Parking around the back away from the street. A big meeting deck area, etc. and a little cheaper also than the other places we were staying.

Rally in the Ozarks June 12th-13th
> Eureka Springs Arkansas
> Edelweiss Inn
> 479-253-7316
> http://www.edelweissinn.com/

What we can do also is set up a time if anyone is in town friday for a sight seeing ride for friday. Nothing fast, just a scenic tour.

ANYONE that is trailering up, can maybe bring an extra ice chest and some " refreshments" with them. we all always pitch in to buy more as needed.
anyway hope to see a bunch of you guys and gals there again this year
Michael Hansen
South Central region

We should be trailering and if i can remember will throw in a cooler. I have no dang clue on the roads - I just hit em hard!

Sean

When I was there back in April at Thunder in the Mountains, I took the historic tour. It was interesting. The guide was nice, and just happened to own about half of the town, I think.

IF we need a cooler, the is a Walmart Supercenter 8 miles away, in Berryville. Can buy a cheap LARGE styrofoam cooler there, if needed.

ALSO, Eureka Springs is the home of www.cyclegadgets.com . So give you need something from there, you could save on shipping by picking it up while you are there.

WHEW! what a trip!

it was a great rally.

about 800 miles of AR/MO twisties in three days.

Got pulled over the second day day with a warning form a Deputy, ran from a AR Trooper on day three.

Hooliganism at it's best!

I can give you guys some of our routes if you need, i've been going there 2-3 times a year since 2004

One nice side trip from Eureka Springs with curvey roads to spare:

AR 23 north to MO 86. Turn left on MO 86 and go 6 or 8 miles to MO F. Turn left on MO F and follow it til you get to the Roaring River State Park Trout Hatchery.

It's a very neat hatchery - built back in the 30's by the WPA, as I recall. Roaring River comes up as a spring there at the hatchery.

Back