Ex-longtime Harley rider goes V4!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep looks like a mighty fine bike ! How are your other hardly brothers taking it that you have switched from hog to rice ..

Haha we're all real bikers and real bikers don't put down another's ride. And they are scared of it too. Nobody wants to ride it!

When I came back to SD I expected to get some guff for quietly switching to Triumph but I found that many of the guys I used to ride twins with were on BMW boxers or K bikes. The Vmax has real iconic value to the more seasoned motorcyclists. IMHO it is the single most distinctive cruiser ever mass produced. It looks pretty long and lean in the pics there! Very nice indeed.

Welcome to the fourm. I did the same tail light mod. I also converted the rear red reflector to a brake led light. I got it from Walmart in the trailer section for cheap. It fits perfectly. Nice looking vmax.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I am glad you like it. And I am just getting started!

I too, did the same thing about 16 years ago.

After building a few Harleys and always trying to get more power and speed, I decided to get a 96 Vmax and never looked back.

Mike

Welcome to the forum! Another longtime HD rider here (since 1981). I've had one Shovelhead and two Fatboy Evos and still ride the '99 when I want to go slow or to reset my riding experience. Then when I get back on the 97 Vmax, I get that scary first impression all over ;)

Welcome to the forum. The bike looks great! I'm sure you will enjoy the new bike and the new riding perspective. I have had my 2006 for a couple of months now and have no regrets. I was concerned that I had purchased an unmerciful beast but found that I have a great riding companion. She is like a faithful trail horse until its time to giddy-up, lol. Have fun!

Back