Fast and loud.... douche bag garage....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Are these guys really that stupid? I mean seriously I've tried to watch that show and if that guy ever walked into my shop......

Wait I just had his brother in my shop.... his name was Larry.....

Good lord some things they put on TV to get ratings. I think I would rather watch my dog shit corn.....

Todd

douche.gif

Agree totally. That show is trash!
Personally, I favor the higher-end, classier shows.
Like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
And, of Course, Keeping up with the Kardasians. They keep me on the edge of my Lazy-Boy.:clapping:
Cheers!

I don't watch much tv but I avoid any of the automotive based shows for the same reasons my military buds avoid most of the war type movies, hell after learning a little about guns and tactics I have a hard time watching those now too lol

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

Yeah but there is something to be said about watching something like Saving Private Ryan. But watching these two douche bags on Monkey Ass garage..... seriously you mean to tell me your going to make me pay that much..... Says head asshole. They he turns around and gives a line of shit to someone buying his pile of crap so he can squeeze every last dime out of them.

I guess I just didn't like those guys. Totally scripted fake show. I was really hoping Jesse was going to plow both those guys on TV the last time.

Monster Garage was awesome, it had good creative builds. I wish they had a show like that again. Not all this fake crap.

Todd

There was chop shop before. I always found those british guys really fun to watch.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It is a reality show. The emphasis is on the filming for sure. But they actually are a business.

They were all very serious gear heads prior to that show. Richard Rawlings was a stupid rich car freak before the show via various "entrepreneur" type ventures.

The shop is another effort in that direction. It was started with getting a discovery contract as one of the goals.

I like it in that it shows more about the ACTUAL activity than any other car show I can think of.

Most car show you hardly ever see the car except when it goes in the door and later when it comes out. That jackass in Las Vegas is case #1for that one.

I like it cause it doesn't manufacturer a bunch of employee conflict and strife like the other shows.

Richard makes me laugh my ass off.
I don't think he's a douche at all. He's definitely a goofball though.

He IS a salesman though. If there buying it its crap if there selling it its gold.

Anyone been to a gun show lately?
That's the real world of buying and selling.

The deal making buying and selling part I could do without. Its just as annoying as watching pawn stars screw people coming and going.

I watch all the Car, Bike, Gun and Military Shows. I like them to varying degrees. Orange County Chopper can definitely KMA. Chip Foose is Totally "The Man" with his Overhauling Show. I Love Café Racer. To each their own, this is still? America

Its all about attitude I guess. OCC was a total joke of a show. MG was a real build up type show. It showed actual people actually building. A surreal concept. I guess there is a sucker born every minute, if you take a rusting car, clear coat it and sell it as patina......throw a couple of eggs in the radiator and some saw dust in the oil and sell it as a rebuilt engine.

I guess I enjoy real deals. Russel in England builds some bad ass drag inspired choppers. The few times I have caught him in a bike build off, he is boring to watch, there is no animosity, no story line other than the build. But if you appreciate the build, then that is great, if you need monkey grab ass to make a show watchable , I guess everyone needs something. I just prefer real people doing real things.

After all look how long OCC was on, and all the dumb shit they did during the show.

Another example I like is Top Shot. Real shooting, real guns, real people. A little bs in the house, I guess they had to tailor it for the non gun people.....

Todd

I watch all the Car, Bike, Gun and Military Shows. I like them to varying degrees. Orange County Chopper can definitely KMA. Chip Foose is Totally "The Man" with his Overhauling Show. I Love Café Racer. To each their own, this is still? America

+1,me too.

I watch em all, even the ones I think are bullshit, cause there's a real live interesting car in there somewhere.
And cafe racer is great. Wish it was on more.

Oh, for the record. I do not know if the whole rat rod / "survivor" thing has made it everywhere but down here if a solid non perforated car had the "interesting" patina the ones GMG had it would most definitely get a clear coat and all new mechanicals as the ones they've done have.
I thought it was cool as shit.

The power block guys went out of their way to create that finish from scratch.

We have plenty of "patina" cars here in Michigan for you ! LOL ;)

I like watching things, and I liked watching storage wars when it was first on. Before it became storage scripting and planted items and now just completely made up storage units. Who are all the extra's and how much do they get paid, because I want to stand next to Mary Padian.......

mary-going-for-dresser-unit-storage-wars-2.jpg

I guess I should have specified most action movies although they do seem to be getting better. As soon as I see the conflict bullshit in any of those shows I turn the channel (I did like top shot when I could catch it) because I have to deal with enough bullshit in my own personal life that I don't care to watch it on tv.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

I don't mind watching F & L. Richard Rawlings makes me laugh, even if he is a douche. I still like most of the cars behind all the bs.

Stacey David's Gearz is the best car show on tv IMHO. No bs, just great builds.

I like The Powerblock on Saturdays. ( Although a couple of the hosts don't do much for me.) Gearz, is another favorite. I just recently found Cafe Racer and I really like it. Guilty pleasure?......Counting Cars. F&L?......Can take it or leave it.

I could think of at least a HUNDRED WAYS Mary Padian could be nice to me.......
Throw Jenny Grumbles in, and I'd die happy...........

Are these guys really that stupid? I mean seriously I've tried to watch that show and if that guy ever walked into my shop......

Wait I just had his brother in my shop.... his name was Larry.....

Good lord some things they put on TV to get ratings. I think I would rather watch my dog shit corn.....

Todd

douche.gif

plus 1, we turn the channel...

I like watching car/motorcycle movies, and old movies with Richard Widmark, Robert Mitchum, Clint Walker, Marlon Brando, Alan Ladd, Yul Brynner, to name a few.

Who thinks "All Girls Garage" is like the worst excuse for not putting a "paid programming" disclaimer on a show. Holy crap all they do is try to sell stuff.
Shows is horrible. They start stuff and
then magically its finished after the break.

The rest of power block I enjoy for waking up to and chilling over coffee.

Jessie Coombs and that Mooky chick are actually legitimate gear heads. I especially wish Jessie would find a
legitimate gig.

Who thinks "All Girls Garage" is like the worst excuse for not putting a "paid programming" disclaimer on a show. Holy crap all they do is try to sell stuff.
Shows is horrible. They start stuff and
then magically its finished after the break.

The rest of power block I enjoy for waking up to and chilling over coffee.

Jessie Coombs and that Mooky chick are actually legitimate gear heads. I especially wish Jessie would find a
legitimate gig.

Mmmmmmm. All Girls Garage. Me likey. I don't care about their automotive knowledge, as long as they keep showing cleavage and none of the chicks start talking back. As far Gas Monkey goes, I am not impressed IN THE LEAST bit in that show, or the cars they "restore". Basically, they take any POS they can get their hands on cheap, and do the LEAST amount of work to make it look good enough to sell. Not the right way to restore a car in my opinion. I cringe when I see these guys putting new motors in unrestored engine bays, new suspension items on a rusty frame, these guys are half-a$$ing it right in front of our eyes. I don't know how anyone could watch this show and want to buy a car from them. The funny part is, they're not even that good at it, every time they take a car to an auction, they either lose money or barely break even, very seldom does he "make" money, and he nevers goes into the details, like how much he had to pay those morons working for him. I would suspect the money from the TV show pays for everything, the rest is just smoke and mirrors. Now he has a restaurant, I wonder if they buy "top quality" meat, or some low cost horse meat? I wouldn't eat there, that's for sure!!!!

+3 for Cafe Racer! the season is like 5 episodes though, way to short. I do watch F&L, it has entertainment value to me and I dig cars.

Every car can't be a frame off restoration covering every singe detail and ending up cleaner and better than new.

That's what "overhauling" is for. That do it right, they do it perfect, and most importantly cost is no object. Most cars they do would not sell for half the money they put into it. That is what makes them fantasy cars. No economics involved. (Chase down some of them that ended up being sold at auction and get back to me on that)

I do not think there's anything dishonest about taking a decent runner and making it a drive able/useable version of your dream car but doing it in a manner that's within the reach of "normal" people.
That fits more into the scenario most of us real people could afford or pull off.
I do not want a show car, I want something I can use, and something I can afford.

A frame off total resto is way beyond most people's skills or financial ability to pay someone else to do for them and more importantly unless you pick a "halo"car a frame off total resto represents a totally non-recoverable outlay of money versus obtaining a car you can afford and have fun with.

The "more than its worth" scenario when dealing with a bike that is our life's passion taking 10 years and 4 times the worth of the end product to achieve fits the bill just fine on a bike. The total outlay is still small enough to be within the reach of normality letting us not care about the poor economics of the whole deal.

On a car it sky rockets, my "real dream car" in show quality, would blow past $100k quickly, but I don't need that, nor could I afford it. OK...how bout the same car, not show quality, buy solid and dependable, that I can enjoy for 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 the money.

Ok, now maybe the answer is yes. .

Some people really would just like to have the "car of their dreams" that they can drive and use with it spendingr $100,000 + like the typical Overhauling car.

Those cars are out there, decent versions of the "car of your dreams" for something you and I could afford (but not win shows or make money on)

That's what the douches at GMG build.

For pure CLASS Wayne Carinni on "Chasing Classic Cars" wins hands down in my book. The guy is a gentlemen's gentlemen all the way. The cars are cool, the stories are neat. Ultimately he does the same thing most of the time the low end guys do, he buys 'em, fixes 'em up "a little bit" usually without getting carried away, and then moves 'em out, carrying himself with dignity and class the whole time.

"What's in the Barn?" is another cool one, love seeing the bikes that guy comes up with.

If "Russell" is the guy I think he is, which I could be wrong, I turn the channel immediately on that one. If he's the 55-60 year old bald Englishman all I ever see him do is yell a lot. Maybe I have not hung in there long enough to see the cool stuff they do......

PS, when I remodeled my Kitchen and Bath I did not do it the "HGTV" way either....

Last edited:
Back