faux cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my buddies has the carbon fiber version (or a very similar one at least).

Check my thread. You will see one. The only way you can turn that into a tank is removing the airbox and makin a cubic shaped insert tank. Eventhough it sits higher thank the stock faux cover its not high enough to get extra room for an actual tank. I thought of that (gravity fed tank to the lower one) when i was in process of buying it and even discussed that with the seller and ended up not doing nothing... The initial thinking was making the stock cover as lower face and this one as upper face of the tank and fiber everything up. I think you wont get even a gallon...

Check my thread. You will see one. The only way you can turn that into a tank is removing the airbox and makin a cubic shaped insert tank. Eventhough it sits higher thank the stock faux cover its not high enough to get extra room for an actual tank. I thought of that (gravity fed tank to the lower one) when i was in process of buying it and even discussed that with the seller and ended up not doing nothing... The initial thinking was making the stock cover as lower face and this one as upper face of the tank and fiber everything up. I think you wont get even a gallon...

I am not sure where your thread is. "Yeti" album is devoid of pics, would you please post it (the link)?

Yamaha VMax Aftermarket Tank Cover
Anybody have this faux tank cover? Curios ... It would really be cool if it was made to be a real tank that held fuel!!

The shape is interesting, but I would like to see one on a bike to see how it flows into the lines of the bike w/stock scoops. From "WW's" post, it doesn't sound like it is a good choice for extra fuel. Too-much work to be done & not enough capacity. Doesn't Exactrep have some aux. tanks?

I like those Ti turnbuckle frame braces in round tubing from OVER. Pay to play!

Back