Fazers and other muscle bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
Well, my wife loves her KLX for commuting and exploring ND back country, but is starting to get the itch for a bigger bike for when we on longer rides NOT 2up. She has been getting her share of seat time with the Max and is getting addicted to it.

Last night she commented she loved the performance and attitude but wished for something a little lighter. Then she asked " did they ever make a smaller V-Max?" I told her "Not exactly... BUT..." and showed her a few online pics of Fazer 700 and 750s . Her eyes actually lit up like a little kid.

The question is IF I do want to add one to our stable, does anyone know any good sources finding a deal on one? I know Morley is a good source for info and parts for them, but what about leads on complete bikes?

i should say I am not looking to buy "right now" but starting the shopping process. I showed her some Magnas online and told her they are also V4s. She likes them but is not in love. She is also open to the idea of having a second max if I found the right deal on one.

I think after years of her appreciating all bikes, I think muscle bikes starting to become her "thing" now.

???? I have the new American Version of the Fazer, the FZ8. It's light and FAST. I plan on adding some scoops too. Ala,,,, Mini Max. For now I just call it the Raven Fazer 8..

Just a thought...
Dave

I run across the older models all the time all over the country. The prices always vary like on everything else condition and mileage. Are you thinking of a "turn key" or one that has potential but not exactly perfect? I will definitely keep an eye out for you.. Feel free to PM me for my info if you want.

She has good taste I always liked the aggressive look of those bikes.
Yamaha-FZX-700-Fazer-7213.jpg

Hey Dave, can't wait to see the end results of adding scoops to the Modern late model style FZ. I think it will look good. A new or that late model of a bike is not in our current plans, BUT I know if either of us rode one we would be in love.

By the way my extra helmet is a KBC Force Airborne with the fighter pin-up art. It would look perfect on Strafer.

More of a UJM than a muscle bike, but I found a "running but could probably use a carb cleaning" Maxim for too cheap to pass up. Now if the guy selling me will just call back ( I got a hold of the sellers Dad )

Cool about your helmet. I Love the old WW II Art. :clapping:

I've got a couple of the Bell Helmets done at the factory with Strafer Artwork.....

Why not a V-max and tune it down to resenable power as a step up to maybe later a full power V-max.
To begin you can start with removing the V-boost controler and maybe some different needle sets and settings.

I run across the older models all the time all over the country. The prices always vary like on everything else condition and mileage. Are you thinking of a "turn key" or one that has potential but not exactly perfect? I will definitely keep an eye out for you.. Feel free to PM me for my info if you want.

She has good taste I always liked the aggressive look of those bikes.

wow what a sexy-looking bike :punk:

Why not a V-max and tune it down to resenable power as a step up to maybe later a full power V-max.
To begin you can start with removing the V-boost controler and maybe some different needle sets and settings.

Actually, she is not intimidated by the full power V-Max. The problem she has is with the weight of the bike. She CAN handle the size and weight of it, she just doesn't like muscling it around in parking spaces and low speed turns etc.

Actually, she is not intimidated by the full power V-Max. The problem she has is with the weight of the bike. She CAN handle the size and weight of it, she just doesn't like muscling it around in parking spaces and low speed turns etc.

Hell, I'm 6 and 225 and even I don't like the weight of the Max.....

I love the old Fazers too....:clapping:

New one's like a high performance bicycle in weight compared to the Max's. Old Fazer's a true classic....

Hell, I'm 6 and 225 and even I don't like the weight of the Max.....

I love the old Fazers too....
clapping.gif
I hear that, Rusty. Though I do have to say after renting a Street Glide last Oct, my Max felt like a sport bike when I got back home on it.

Still got my 1029cc Fazer for sale. Whoops the dog poop out of the vmax!

Sean

hey guys, I haven't posted here before, but seeing a Fazer thread I couldn't resist.

My husband has owned 3 VMax's....an 88, 01, and his current one, an 09.

When he had the older VMax's I rode Fazers. I had an 86 and an 87, They're GREAT bikes.

Well, a couple of months ago, he found an 07 Vmax in mint condition and he bought it for me. I love it, but I still missed my Fazer. Well, I found one on ebay and couldn't resist. It's an 86 that the owner did a frame off restoration on. Now I have the perfect stable I think! Here's a pic of the Fazer with my Vmax behind it......

photo7.jpg

She can't go wrong with the Fazer. Check ebay....they come up periodically.

Have you considered a ZL900 Eliminator? The low seat height makes it very easy to maneuver around, I'm a short guy, and it's the ONLY bike I've had that I can sit on flat footed. No slouch for power either, not VMAX fast, but pretty darn quick, shaft drive, liquid cooled, 6 speed, bikes are smooth as silk! Just a thought.........

We've got a number of vids on facebook and youtube showing the 1029cc bike in action. Went 10.38 this last year with my heavy butt on it.

Sean

Back