Finished another CNC custom wide triple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copied Rim?... LOL Do you think you are the creator of those??? They've been around since you were in kindergarten... I didn't tell any secrets... I don't need to hide what i do and if i can help a fellow vmaxer i will, thats the difference... And do you know whats funny? After i explain some guys around here how its done, they didn't do them themselves they asked me to make them one because they liked what i told them. transparency and honesty is always a good mark. I don't even do it the same way as you do, and i didn't "steal" you any customer did i? Or said your work was expensive or shitty did i? I actually appreciate your doings and think you do some cool stuff but that personality will always set you back a few notches... I find funny that on your signature you say - "Ask on the FORUM - let anyone know the answer and also let anyone help you!Thx in advance." and then you come saying that i tell your fab secrets... Not very coherent is it? Wish you the best and don't eat too much chocolate its bad to your teeth...

Anyhow Fred, that front end is fat.
Fat in the good way!

Like Phat. :eusa_dance:
Like Beyonce's booty. :biglaugh:
Like fat wheels on a muscle car. :punk:

Personally, when I see something that I like, if it is too expensive for me to buy, then I need a better job!
I appreciate the discounted offer you made, and if I find where I stashed the loot from the bank job I did, I'll be buying it!
Thanks dude.

Not really im just running a 160 in the front but that specific triple can take up to 180 front tire...

I just saw this thread for the first time but I really like how you lowered the upper tree in relation to the stem. I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea for my design. This will save me from having to use spacers and is much cleaner.

Fred,

Awesome work, I do love admiring other folks talents with metal.

We went to Lisbon last year, gorgeous place, great food and really nice people.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with....

Hi mate

I live across the river in Montijo... Thanks for the compliment. Next time you come this way let me know and i'll buy you a beer...

Gotta tell you , That is some beautiful work you have done. Wish I had the know how and patience to do what you do , again Great work Fred !!! Maybe one of these yrs. I will get another V-Max and get some of your triples made for it. later Kurt

Well another set of triples. This time they're going to the UK. Polished finish with stock R1 dimensions for the V-max and proper drop... Sorry for the cell phone pics...

02082012832.jpg

02082012834.jpg

02082012835.jpg

02082012836.jpg

Awesome !

When I do mine I am going to make them similar to yours, but with some slight tweaks.

Out of all the triples I see, I like yours the best and they gave me the idea on how I am going to machine mine.

When I get to machining mine I may be asking you some questions!

Again beautiful craftsmanship!

Todd

Are you machining the stem also ?

Todd

Yes. everything has been engineered and done from scratch. This is the regular look i do but can be made with different dimensions for any set of forks or wheel width... Alloy is 7075T651, the stem is high grade chromonickel and the bolts, detents, washers and top nut is 304/316 stainless

As usual, awesome work Fred!
Whats with the 2 small holes in the top of the upper triple. Looks like maybe 10mm or so?

Its for easy access to the fork top tuning screw. Normally i'll plug them with a black nylon plug or just leave them be. In my bike i threaded those holes and did the clip-on supports...

Excellent work Fred. What do you get for these in U.S. dollars ?

It depends on current change. This set was ?750 plus ?100 for polishing. It all depends on what features do you want. I can do whatever look you like but i don't know why people always want this one. I like it because its really clean and slick, no ribs or big edges, easy to maintain polished and to clean the mosquitoes :biglaugh:. So much for the one-off look on my bike... :bang head:

There are some details that people don't notice like the tapered underboxes fro added strength and the fact that the clamp bolts are behind forces me to cut the gap on the erosion wire and not on the mill. Some details that make it a bit harder to fabricate comparing to regular designs.

I already run my bike with the lower triple alone (for itself has more clamping power than both of the vmax triple all together... (80mm thick)...

Its for easy access to the fork top tuning screw. Normally i'll plug them with a black nylon plug or just leave them be. In my bike i threaded those holes and did the clip-on supports...

Kinda figured. No way to access the preload adjuster though without dropping the tubes? Mine are a bit different, there is a cap that fits into the top triple. The top triple has pinch bolts that hold it in place. You can remove the cap and adjust preload without having to drop the forks.

Still kinda sucks though because you can't see any of the marks on the adjuster. You gotta count revolutions of your socket.....or drop the forks to see.

Back