Finished another CNC custom wide triple tree

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark

Thank you for your kind words... Were you with the USAF? I go to Terceira every couple months to Lajes AB. Have a good one.

Fred

No not in USAF. Went there on vacation.Stayed in Ponta del Garda . Wife's family is from Capelas and Sao Vicente . It is beautiful there. My in laws are going there thursday and staying for a month. Wish I was going lol
Hopefully next year we will go back.
Mark

Yep a bit of money spend there . First time I saw it I could not sleep for days guys yep. Some over time. Wife had to wait on the new kitchen.

Any pic's of your vmax Fred.

KJShover .330 at rear 160 front.
Yep the Wizard of nos two 20oz bottles each side.

Pleased to meet you KJShover
Trevor

Check here Trevor

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15595

Fantastic Fred well done somebody told me that same one from Portugal bought it. That's one hell of a bike bro.Was it Faro this year.

I hope you OK on the crash dude.See you doing same nice work on your Yeti fiber glass a bite of molding .I am doing some molding on mine to. I shall show it when I have it finished

I like the rim and the swinging arm did you it .You Have good power on those brake Dude nice calipers good job fred I prefer one caliper.Would like a caliper like that on mine latter in the year.

I have sort out the carbs. A bite of tuning on the rolling road over and with . big bore kit next maybe 1428cc it well be nice.

Thanks Trevor

Who told you?... LOL Small world... In fact it was in Faro and brought a plaque... I went there just to tease the pro builders... LOL. I knew that paint scheme would turn heads... Unfortunately the awards are sketchy... They are very political awards... LOL Not that i care but at least one of the 3 positions i'd get on the streetfighters category... unfortunately i wasn't smart enough to register one bike under my name and the other under my girlfriends... Don't think they would allow for a newcomer to take two prizes at the same time... Whatever... It was fun...

Well i just done another wide triple tree set for a friend in the US, fits up to a 180 front tire. Sanded finish for painting... I'll post the pics of the bike when it gets installed. Most of you know the bike. It will be in Sturgis...
I can take orders on these or whatever CNC job even if its not drawn. Drawing and fabricating can be provided from scratch or a simple sketch. I do this as a hobby and i can offer prices way below specialty brands with the possibility for full customization of the parts as per clients specs... Hope you like it. This triple setup is a variation from the one i made for my bike Yeti, 7075T651 alloy, high strength nickel chromium steel stem and stainless bolts and nuts. Check my Bikes pics... Cheers

Fred

08072011510.jpg

08072011512.jpg

08072011513.jpg

08072011514.jpg
OK! Looks like im' in the right spot. I have an older triple tree CNC for my 97' vmax that accomodates a GSXR 750 inverted fork that I purchased awhile back but it lowered the front end to the point that I was scraping my tail pipe.
Have you had any experience with that problem and will your triple tree eliviate that ?

Top triple tree needs to be dropped or stepped 3 "- 4 " to successfully use the sportbike forks as they are considerably shorter than Mr. Max forks. My CF / Black '98 is currently running mid-'90s w/ Race Tech guts , Kaw ZX750R forks & wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Power 2 CTs , which lowers it a bit more . I still watch for speed bumps & pot holes , especially with the spoiler .

Last pic is a new monkey surprise addition to the blue '90 ( she doesn't know it yet , but the monkey surely does ) , a chrome forks set by Sean Morley '00 Yam R-1 w/ RaceTech innards & built by & in-cahoots with Sean . More monkey surprises are in store for this mod very shortly . Guess if you want . No prizes for correct guesses though as I gave mine back to Mr. Monk on the mod monkey contest.

:punk: :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• 7-19-11 279.jpg
    7-19-11 279.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 62
  • SS850821.jpg
    SS850821.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Rollies Chrome R1-vmax forks.jpg
    Rollies Chrome R1-vmax forks.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 66
Top triple tree needs to be dropped or stepped 3 "- 4 " to successfully use the sportbike forks as they are considerably shorter than Mr. Max forks. My CF / Black '98 is currently running mid-'90s w/ Race Tech guts , Kaw ZX750R forks & wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Power 2 CTs , which lowers it a bit more . I still watch for speed bumps & pot holes , especially with the spoiler .

Last pic is a new monkey surprise addition to the blue '90 ( she doesn't know it yet , but the monkey surely does ) , a chrome forks set by Sean Morley '00 Yam R-1 w/ RaceTech innards & built by & in-cahoots with Sean . More monkey surprises are in store for this mod very shortly . Guess if you want . No prizes for correct guesses though as I gave mine back to Mr. Monk on the mod monkey contest.

:punk: :eusa_dance:

Rollie

Eventhough most of people use dropped triples i don't like the looks of them. Im sorry but they look ugly to me. I prefer to use beefier top clamps and keep the normal look (just like Taylormades). I also don't do fork extensions by using cup like sleeves on the forks like COO (yours seem to be COO), i rather do it internally replacing some parts to achieve that length. If you check my build thread (http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15595&page=2) i got 60mm drop on the top triple and another 40mm extension on the forks and you can see they are extended but you cant see how. Its personal taste in my opinion.
Either way i can do whatever one wants. Full custom work. What is the fun of doing always the same?... I can do whatever design one wants. Just takes a bit longer to get done. Cheers...

They look great Fred. How much is a set of triples etc. to make the R-1 , ZX-750 & GSXR forks work ? ( plus shipping to USA )

They look great Fred. How much is a set of triples etc. to make the R-1 , ZX-750 & GSXR forks work ? ( plus shipping to USA )

It depends on how much and what kind of features you want and how wide you want them. Like i said its a fully customizable work. If you want a quote send me an email and we can talk about it. Those above were 850 but they are made with the best materials and are way wider and beefier than stock. I can do below that for smaller triples... Like i said i need to know details to give a more accurate quote... I can offer what most of fabricators can't. One of a kind part...

Hi guys. I have one set available for sale. I had one bail out on this and i got the billet prepared already. Will do a €100 discount on it. It can still be trimmed to your personal taste and specs, Basically i have the billet chunks prepared for milling (it can be personally customized with a 13% discount on final price - can't get it cheaper anywhere)... Cheers

Let us all know where then... I mean custom job not series stuff... You can always make one and give it away. I can't... :confused2:

Here goes more pics of the triples seen above... bare in mind that they can be customised as per your taste and specs. Just tell me what you want/need and i'll provide, engrave your name, special features/design, clip-ons or risers, etc... If interested send me an email and we can talk it through... Cheers

lowertriple2.jpg

08042011372.jpg

08042011373.jpg

08042011374.jpg

18042011403.jpg

18042011404.jpg

12062011498.jpg

12062011499.jpg

12062011500.jpg

12062011501.jpg

img3636s.jpg

Fred-
Seeing your work makes me long for the days that I had access to a machine shop! (before retirement). I spent many coffee breaks and dinner hours toiling in the shop, doing "home jobs", metal chips flying in my sandwiches. I used to love the milling machines more than anything else. Such versatile equipment. The senior machinists used to say that the miller was the only machine capable of reproducing itself.
I never got involved in the CNC aspects- we didn't have that capability. What fun that must be!
Keep up the great work!:punk:

Normal CNC stuff Fred - in PL this stuff is much cheaper.
No worries, Im out from CUSTOM world for now.

I bealive I posted some pics from my previous lower tree fabrication.
Was 4 time less I bealive but...not my bisness.

Well you need to go back to Poland mate. I'll pay you a salary if you can sell me these parts at a 4th of the price... :biglaugh:
I don't know how you guys can do that because the metal alone is more expensive than a 4th of the price... You must have alloy mines on your backyard... :rofl_200:

Nice work:clapping:
Fred what exhaust pipes are those? Looked like slash cut, but no..

Mike these were stainless custom made and now are living in England. I traded them for a pair of Yoshi TRC CF... Its getting there... :biglaugh:

Fred-
Seeing your work makes me long for the days that I had access to a machine shop! (before retirement). I spent many coffee breaks and dinner hours toiling in the shop, doing "home jobs", metal chips flying in my sandwiches. I used to love the milling machines more than anything else. Such versatile equipment. The senior machinists used to say that the miller was the only machine capable of reproducing itself.
I never got involved in the CNC aspects- we didn't have that capability. What fun that must be!
Keep up the great work!:punk:

Exactly my sentiment... I love watching the machines working. Its like being inside a terminator movie. I can be standing looking at a miller for an hour... Lots of CNC stuff on my bike. I like originality...

PA9 grade alu is 28 PLN/kg here...dang, that portugalese alu must be melted with gold...robbed in crusades? LOL

Im not even gonna comment that because i think thats just lame. Im glad you are amongst us to enlighten us all. Its good to know we can always rely on you... I haven't seen you making any triple set so far. If you can make them so cheap why do you allow vmaxforum users buying so expensive items to other vendors if you can save them lots of money and still make lots of money? I still say that what im providing is cheap (Taylormade has similar to these and are way more expensive (eventhough i prefer my design hence not buying from Steve). I say again, if you can make them so cheap start making them and i'll buy them from you anytime... you are a knowledgeable machiner but there are some details with your personality that won't let you win (regardless of our past history and some help i got from you and vice-versa)... This is what i made and i love them (im not the only one so it seems) if you like it cool, join the band, if not, im sorry i wasn't able to satisfy your demanding specs. I don't go to your threads telling everyone that i can do cheaper and then not come up front... this is what i've got... Im sorry not to be as good as i could...

Back