First official photo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From MCN:

2009%20Yamaha%20Vmax.jpg

Story link

If that's actually it, I HATE the headlight. Of course the tail light is the only thing anyone will see.:punk:

That looks like a MUCH wider bike IMO. I like it overall but see where the after market will come in... IE: the snow shovel hanging off the back...:biglaugh:

I'll bet thats it. I actually really like the similarities it has with the 1st Gen's :eusa_dance: But I gotta agree that the headlight looks like that fugly droopy ass VRod headlight to me.

For the most part, I like it but that headlight is going to take some getting used to.:ummm:

:biglaugh: What it needs is a similar yet smaller version of a VTX headlight IMO. Something that gives it a look like a pit bull raging at ya.

I just hope it's bright enough to boil the paint on oncoming cars. :biglaugh:

To me, this bike has retained just the right amount of its heritage. With that said, however, they probably could have rolled out a brick with two wheels, and as long as it said "VMax" somewhere on it, I'd be happy.

:biglaugh: What it needs is a similar yet smaller version of a VTX headlight IMO. Something that gives it a look like a pit bull raging at ya.

WHAT? Hell NO!

This headlight fits this design. The VTX headlight is WAY too old school!

Just think back to 1985 if people said I think it needs a square head light and Yamaha had done it...:bang head:

WOW, Not bad!! Looks like a shift light on top of the instrument cluster!

yuck to the mirrors, headlight, and that nasty thing hanging off the rear fender!

edit: im an idiot it does have usd forks lol, trying to view that pic on a 12 inch screen

Taillight should be easy to mod, headlight would be the next, then some type of radiator shroud that would hep it seem smaller, and the exhaust would have to be changed as soon as they could make a better one. And what is that sticking off the tach/ speedometer...a shift light??????
It looks like a cobra rising up to strike, I really like the scoops and how htey are angled. They really beefed up the swingarm/ rear engine area.

I like it....at least they got rid of the extra hangy downy radiator and moved it up some, the mirrors are ugly but factory mirrors almost always are....The headlight is OK and the only reason I'd say I didn't like it is everyone is gonna think they copied the Vrod.....
I'm a little dissapointed it didn't get more of a "sport tail"....

I'm not totally convinced it's not yet another photoshop tho'...I don't think Yamaha would be willingly letting any photos out when they've gone to such great lengths to make this a "big event"

Let the modding begin....:biglaugh:

If it is the bike that hits production~ Overall, I like it a lot and like someone else already said, it combines the original heritage of the old design that made the bike what it is today, with the new styling that makes it sleek and sinister. Basically it screams "sledgehammer power" and looks pissed just setting there!

Some of you guy's would bitch about a free lunch...

Who gives a shit if the tail light or licence plate frame isn't too your liking...so what, that's minor and easily changed if you want. No need to dis the entire damn bike as "fugly" just because of a couple of items...

No wonder Yamaha didn't want to release the thing to a bunch of negative, nit-pick bitch critics like some of you guys are... Always negative.... Just give it some time first before you throw up all over it. Sheesh......

I for one think they've done a great job based on this picture (if it's accurate) and if the bike performs anything like they say it does, than I seriously doubt anyone who buys this bike would be bitching about trivial items like head lights, tail lights or licence plate frames....

Good job Yamaha- 'bout time! :clapping:

- john

sweet mother of god i LOVE IT.....

Id like a little less cruiser and a little more standard/ naked bike, but this is right on too....
besides the vmax legend has always been about "ugly that goes fuckin fast".... its only ever been vmax lovers who really liked it.....

what would suck is if its not really fastest out of the box...then the whole thing becomes a sham... so we will see.

By the way looks like the mono shock rear is on there.... good.... save money and weight.... plus more after market performance goodies... front forks? i donno my eyes keep seeing a sleeve down low that appears like an usd fork....just being hopeful.... everything for me is great except that pilon seat....what the heck thats ugly......

BUT:

give me a 9 sec, hayabusa beating, zx14 killin, Godzilla roaring SOB and i will be French kissin that rear seat with love love love......

If it is the bike that hits production~ Overall, I like it a lot and like someone else already said, it combines the original heritage of the old design that made the bike what it is today, with the new styling that makes it sleek and sinister. Basically it screams "sledgehammer power" and looks pissed just setting there!

Some of you guy's would bitch about a free lunch...

Who gives a shit if the tail light or licence plate frame isn't too your liking...so what, that's minor and easily changed if you want. No need to dis the entire damn bike as "fugly" just because of a couple of items...

No wonder Yamaha didn't want to release the thing to a bunch of negative, nit-pick bitch critics like some of you guys are... Always negative.... Just give it some time first before you throw up all over it. Sheesh......

I for one think they've done a great job based on this picture (if it's accurate) and if the bike performs anything like they say it does, than I seriously doubt anyone who buys this bike would be bitching about trivial items like head lights, tail lights or licence plate frames....

Good job Yamaha- 'bout time! :clapping:

- john

MOMMY?, little sand in the vagina there buddy? does it itch?

Back