First problem in awhile, quick fix?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong link was here, corrected below.

Is this the item I need? If so, is there a way I can override my current one to see if it's the problem?

I found this thread and it was helpful but I still don't know what the problem is, I'm going to try to test the kickstand relay tonight and the diode thingy if I can. It's so nice out today, too

Thanks guys

That is the starter itself.. I doubt if it was running, it would be bad...Sportbike bars helped, I also put engine guards on with highway pegs on the sides which help, I just hate not having a foot brake up there at times. You might look into forward controls also.. but that stock seat is horrible. I got a new seat from Sean front and back section with a mid cut for about $400...

That is the starter itself.. I doubt if it was running, it would be bad...Sportbike bars helped, I also put engine guards on with highway pegs on the sides which help, I just hate not having a foot brake up there at times. You might look into forward controls also.. but that stock seat is horrible. I got a new seat from Sean front and back section with a mid cut for about $400...

The starter was the wrong link :bang head: Hahah my bad.

As for the highway pegs, I'm definitely getting some!! And I have a Corbin seat on it now, though I don't care for the looks or width/pain of getting to gas cap.

The link was supposed to be to a new kickstand relay

Good call, how much are they? And any ideas about the wiring? I'd like to get my bike away from where it is before it goes missing :bang head:

Thanks for all the help as always! :punk:

They arent that expense....Sean sells them and can get you set up. I'm kinda at a loss here, I wouldve said bypass the kickstand....but it sounds like youve done that?:ummm:

They arent that expense....Sean sells them and can get you set up. I'm kinda at a loss here, I wouldve said bypass the kickstand....but it sounds like youve done that?:ummm:

Yea I posted an imgur link in the thread showing exactly what I did, hopefully I did it right xD

And since I hopefully did that right, I can't imagine what else would kill the motor specifically when it's in gear other than the kick stand relay?

Anyone know what I need to connect between the 4 poles of the sidestand relay for it to be bypassed?

The new (used) relay should be here on Saturday but I'd like to do some testing to make sure it's going to work if I can.

If that doesn't work, what's the likelyhood it is the clutch switch?

Back